11 Batman Villains Joseph Gordon-Levitt Won't Play

King Tut anyone?

Latest News

Comments

• Mixlexic

Feb 3rd 2011, 12:21

Why is there an automatic assumption that "the actor who bears more than a passing resemblance to Heath Ledger" will play a villain. He could be a cop, reporter, clown

Feb 3rd 2011, 12:42

good news for Killa Croc then...yessss!

• mcghater

Feb 3rd 2011, 15:19

and clayface

• willow138

Feb 4th 2011, 3:30

loves that Zantanna is in the image of Kiteman she would be an ace character for a the superman reboot

• mrblonde

Feb 5th 2011, 2:27

JGL is one of only 3 actors (Depp and Franco being the other two) who I think could do a good job of continuing on Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker from The Dark Knight without being a carbon copy of that performance. I don't think anyone will ever match Heath's performance personally, but if it made sense for the character to appear in TDKR, you could do much worse than JGL. However, this is highly unlikely, given the fact that Nolan has said numerous times that The Joker will not be in the 3rd installment of his Bat franchise. As Mixlexic said, even though everyone automatically makes the assumption that he'll be a villain, it is just as likely that he could end up playing a background character such as a reporter or a cop. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he ends up playing a young Bruce Wayne in a flashback in the new film that is set between the murder of the Waynes and the release of Joe Chill. Another option could be for him to play Dick Grayson. I have no desire to see Robin or Nightwing in Nolan's franchise but I think just Dick Grayson featuring in the film could prove to be interesting. With there being talk of TDKR starting off with Bruce being inactive due to being on the run from the GCPD and the guilt of his involvement in the death of Harvey Dent, what happens to Dick's family could be the catalyst for him deciding to don the Cape and Cowl again and reminding him of why he became Batman in the first place. Again this is highly unlikely as it looks as if Catwoman could be the reason Batman returns to action. Also Nolan has stated that he has no desire to feature the character and Bale reportedly said he'd chain himself to a radiator and refuse to go to work if the character appeared in any of the new films. Anyway, whoever JGL ends up playing in the new film, I'm sure he'll make a fine addition to the cast as he, in my opinion, is one of the best up and coming actors working today.

• CrmChsAlchemist

Feb 5th 2011, 20:29

I would think the closest we'd get to a Robin would be some blend of Dick or Tim and the first Anarky who was created as a would-be Robin to begin with. And really, I think the all-time worst Batman villain was Black Widow from the Adam West show.

Feb 6th 2011, 13:52

Dalidab you've just described The Incredibles' Syndrome lol

• Mattsimus

Feb 6th 2011, 18:53

haha yeah I was thinking Incredibles too! I think if they incorporate another villain its going to be a big mistake! First and foremost for anyone that hasnt been keeping up with the goss.....JOKER ISNT RETURNING! LEVITT WILL NOT BE A MAIN / OR s**tE VILLAIN! ROBIN IS DEF NOT GONNA BE IN IT! This speculation is to gain and maintain interest of the Series leading up to its arrival!!!! which is fine with me! hahaha but im just glad Levitts in it, hope they dont actually wanna bring Robin Williams into the movie, which apparently could be a reality......that hopefully will not Materialize. Some mixed respones about Hathaway / Selina Kyle, surprising since at times although she can be annoying can also create a presence on screen that dosnt require support from other leads an example would be staring along side Heath and Gilenthall in Brokeback! Well I guess we'll just see.

Feb 7th 2011, 0:32

No Dalidab1982 there was no offence intended, I was merely pointing out there was similarities. I always thought 'Richie' Grayson coould be played by Freddie Highmore Jnr but as a shaved-head battered and bruised deliquent that Bruce rescues from assailants and temporarily adopts, but theres a lot of resentment from Grayson who suspect Wayne might be a little perverted in taking a teenage boy , at the end Grayson leaves in the pouring rain, leaving it open to interpretation whether he'll return and this being Nolans universe at no point does he become 'Robin'.