The Female: Dolph Lundgren.
Why She Should Be In It: No female Expendables movie would be complete without Nielsen - and not just because she made her debut in a Schwarzenegger movie AND married Stallone (in the same year!)
No, Nielsen should also be in it because she's awesome.
Tall, strong, and smarter than her reputation for being in big dumb movies might suggest, she is essentially the female Dolph.
Well, except for the fact she's Danish and not Swedish, but you can't have everything.
Career Referencing One-Liner: A henchman attempts to flirt with her, and she pushes him away: "Get away from me, you barbarian."
« Previous 7 of 12 Next »
Sep 27th 2012, 16:53
Yanin Vismitananda, Carrie Anne-Moss and Geena Davis (maybe throw in a Susan Sarandon cameo), to replace the non-action Sean Young, Kim Basinger and no-FUQing-way Demi Moore.
Alert a moderator
Sep 27th 2012, 17:35
Thank you TF for your nod to Rothrock. All is well and I can sleep easy. ZZZzzzz...
Sep 27th 2012, 17:53
Pam Grier is Terry Crews? I wonder which detective made a connection between the two.
Where's Uma Therman? Or Aliens' Vasquez? I don't care enough about her to open IMDB but yeh, she should be in haha!
Sep 27th 2012, 18:02
Selma blair, sarah michelle gellar, carrie-ann moss, juliette lewis,.... Plenty badass girls to go around.
Except, it's really a question of wanting real actresses or chicks who'll take their top off but have chuck norris-acting skills. In that case, megan fox.
Sep 27th 2012, 18:04
Sep 27th 2012, 19:11
no way Jose sean youg, kim bassinger. Brigitte Nielsen, and demi moore... think uma thurman, michelle rodriguez, milla jovovich, scarlett jo, tv's nikita maggie q, anna torv, noomi rappace, kate beckinsale and last but not least maggie smith! (the last one is a joke)
Sep 27th 2012, 19:29
Lets not forget that this will be rubbish anyway.
Sep 27th 2012, 23:00
Is this actually being made? Or is this just a hypothetical movie?
Sep 28th 2012, 0:01
Angelina Jolie deserves a mention. She wasn't half believable as Lara Croft n Mrs. Smith. Shame about the c**p scripts.
Also Zhang Ziyi.
Sep 28th 2012, 11:17
Come on Total Film that's a poor list! Where the hell is Lucy Liu for a start ??
Sep 28th 2012, 11:18
To be fair, the whole expendables concept is golden oldies from the 80's, so Demi Moore, Basinger etc. are probably a fair shout.
Sep 28th 2012, 13:24
Exactly, keep it vintage. 80s and 90s heroines only please... but will someone please revoke the author's sense of humour? Those tag lines were -atrocious-
Sep 28th 2012, 17:47
Michelle mothaflippin Rodriguez. Yep.
Sep 30th 2012, 15:32
I looked at the list again and I still don't see Grace Jones on it. Hmmph.
Oct 1st 2012, 22:55
GEENA DAVIS and ANGELINA JOLIE !!??
Oct 5th 2012, 11:45
Personally I'd go for Adrienne Barbeau into a role, along with Maggie Q rather than Michelle Yeoh. Then of course there's JeeJa Yanin and Eliza Dushku for a couple of younger characters. The film's tagline could be "It's that time of the month and these girls were p****d enough already."
Oct 9th 2012, 17:43
Mar 25th 2013, 4:59
An alternate list. Big screen only (so no Buffy tVK):
12) Linda Hamilton - Sarah Conner. What a transformation from T1 to T2. Them Mom's will protect their cubs.
11) Angelina Jolie - Forget her other characters, Mrs Smith alone gets her on my list.
10) Lucy Liu - Gotta love how she runs a business meeting. She'd be my #9 except for...
9) Uma Thurman - Got head from Lucy AND pulverized the 88's.
8) Zoe Saldana - Columbiana, Losers, Avatar. That's a lot of action.
7) Jennifer Garner - Elektra. Red is now my favorite color.
6) Anne Parillaud - Can't understand a word of French but you gotta watch La Femme Nikita with the sub-titles.
5) Carrie Anne Moss - The Matrix Trilogy of course!
The list got really, really hard for me at this point.
4) Jenette Goldstein - Vasquez. "No! Have you?" Nuff said!
3) Michelle Rodriguez - No explanation needed.
2) Sigourney Weaver - Ellen Ripley is my #1 tough character (man or woman) and was my initial #1 choice but...
1) Milla Jovovich - The body of work of tough gals, starting with Alice, was just too much for Ripley to overcome.
I know there are lots more that could be on this list but 12 spaces made it pretty tough and these are, after all, just my own humble opinion. Additionally, I haven't seen every movie ever made.
© Future Publishing Limited, Beauford Court, 30 Monmouth Street, Bath BA1 2BW. All rights reserved. England and Wales company registration number 2008885.