12 Poncey Movie Poets

These sissy sonnetists should get a grip...

Comments

• durden

Oct 19th 2009, 9:26

i'm starting to dislike you more and more total film!!what happened to you?!you guys used to be my favorites..

• Jamiethe

Oct 19th 2009, 10:54

"If you don't know who he is, you're a moron." If you are a film magazine, and are so-called film experts. If you can make or break a film by your review and coverage. If you are going to make statements about William Shakespeare like "If you don't know who he is, you're a moron." Then, you should know that Joseph Fiennes play Shakespeare, not his older brother (who can actually act) Ralph Fiennes... Thank you.

• scarter2000

Oct 19th 2009, 13:31

For gods sake TF! Grow up.

• lpatterson

Oct 19th 2009, 16:03

Hi Jamiethe. We're quite sure we did write that Joseph Fiennes *played* Shakespeare, and not his older brother. It's something we're quite miffed about, too. Ralph is amazing, Joseph is not.

• pamj12

Oct 22nd 2009, 1:08

Barfly is roughly based on the true story of American writer Charles Bukowski, who, as you say, was "not interested in a life of wealth and influence (and)just want(ed) scotch and fisty-cuffs". The movie wasn't successful, but contained the memorable toast, "To All My Frienndddsss..." (slurred as Henry passes out, lol)

• pamj12

Oct 22nd 2009, 1:10

And by the way, I loved Joseph as William Shakespeare - he was so handsome that no one could turn him away!

• pamj12

Oct 22nd 2009, 1:21

lpatterson, the more I read, the more I dislike. You fit the definition of "macho" in the Urban Dictionary: a male who cannot "lose face" in front of his mates or women. most macho men have the emotional range of a teaspoon and have enough empathy to fill the ink tube in a pen.

• pamj12

Oct 22nd 2009, 1:25

Well, I just noticed you are a woman, lpatterson. I feel sorry for your man.