15 Best Movie Musical Moments

Foot-tapping, truffle-shuffling classics...

Comments

• KingofSpain

Aug 3rd 2010, 12:18

What about Smooth Criminal from Moonwalker? That lean had every child of the 80's falling flat on their face in playgrounds across the globe.

• AhmShere

Aug 3rd 2010, 13:15

I know Labyrinth was already on, but how could you leave 'Magic Dance' off the list? That's an amazing song and one of the best in Labyrinth. Plus, David Bowie in VERY tight trousers? Yes.

• Lindz28

Aug 3rd 2010, 16:46

Fun list but very incomplete - needs to be double the size. Singin in the Rain is my favourite but no Judy Garland in ANYTHING?? Agree Ahmshere: Why include the weird head pulling song?? Love the Enchanted and 500 days clips too, have brought a smile to my face at work even without sound!!

Aug 4th 2010, 1:01

Shake yer tailfeather by Blues Brothers, Springtime for Hitler in The Producers or even Straight outta Locash by CB4

• myloishak

Aug 4th 2010, 3:10

hey.. what about 'Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In' from 40 years old virgin?? that for me is the best musical ending ever! oh2 and how about 'I can't Fight this feeling' from Horton hears a Who? that's a big n funny musical ending! maybe i'm just in love with Steve Carell. haha

• higgins78

Aug 4th 2010, 10:55

I'd gotten to number 14 and thus far found no mention of Enchanted, I was all ready to complain when...15, Enchanted popped up! No complaints here then.

• scuzz80

Aug 4th 2010, 23:13

You must have considered the 'Wise Up' sequence from Magnolia. The whole plot of the movie concerns itself with fate, chance and those inconsequential moments that bond us all together. A subtle moment of beauty portrayed in a stroke of visual narrative genius.

• alexr

Aug 6th 2010, 12:13

Aside from a misquoted Little Shop reference, I didn't see anything wrong with this list... Omissions that should have made it: Chicago (Cell Block Tango), Centre Stage (Ballet Finale), School of Rock (Concert finale), Corpse Bride (Piano Duet).

• Nickey09

Aug 6th 2010, 21:20

Just saw the 500 Days of Summer bit the other night - one of my favorite bits of films to date! Damn, I love JG-L!!!

• eddieryan

Aug 11th 2010, 23:25

What no Top Secret at all?? The whole movie is one long, brilliantly silly Musical Moment... And the Blues Brothers (the only movie soundtrack I actually own - and still listen to!)

• tonto

Aug 17th 2010, 22:22

Tough list to limit to 15 and not leave off some great ones. I personally think Time Warp (Rocky Horror), Steppin' Time (Mary Poppins) and Off to See the Wizard (Wizard of Oz) all could have made the list.

• crystalrain

Nov 22nd 2010, 0:12

A lot of these aren't even musicals. They should be in separate categories - 'movie musicals' and 'musical sequences from movies'.