15 Happiest Movies Ever Made

Park that cynicism. Flicks to give you a lift...

Comments

• BeckyM84

May 25th 2010, 12:05

For me, it would have to be A Knight's Tale which always cheers me up. Aside from the ending, my favourite scene is the banquet dance with the medieval music slowly turning into David Bowie's Golden Years. The only downside is after watching it, I get the inevitable sadness that Heath isn't around to make any more films - but that's balanced out by the fact he left some very good ones for us to remember him by.

• Lindz28

May 25th 2010, 13:55

Good call BeckyM84. 10 things I hate about you does exactly the same for me.

May 25th 2010, 14:07

Apparently Its NOT a wonderful life..

• danclay77

May 25th 2010, 16:15

What no "Wall-E"??!?!?!? Much better than Nemo and genuinely uplifting. And surely "Shawshank", though obvious, should be up there - the happiest ending of all!

• joshwinning

May 25th 2010, 16:17

10 Things came a close second to Clueless thanks to Ledger's involvement. And It's A Wonderlife Life is the Most Depressing Film Ever(TM) until the final five minutes - our attention span is screwed at the best of times.

• cleanbreak

May 25th 2010, 18:50

Most people have forgotten it, or forgotten that they liked it, but the subway scene at the end of 'Crocodile Dundee' does it for me. The ending of 'Babe' is also gloriously grins-worthy and lets not forget 'Strictly Ballroom', a true fairytale, fantastic! Odd, but looking at my list, there seems to be an Australian connection there, hmm weird...

• kaysad

May 25th 2010, 19:36

home alone's the cause of hoodies!!!!!!!!!! Asbo to all!

• DanRose

May 25th 2010, 19:40

I would have thought Shawshank too. Happiest ending in the world(TM). My own personal favourite would have to be Teenwolf. But I guess that's more about the happy ending... how about Princess Bride?

May 26th 2010, 18:04

I think Jerry Maguire deserves a mention, when Tidwell regains consciousness on the pitch and when he hears of his new pay hike on the tv show, as well as Happy-go-Lucky

• erised

May 26th 2010, 23:54

I'm happy from beginning to end of The Wedding Singer. Especially the end bit on the plane

• VincentWire

May 27th 2010, 10:16

The Muppet Movie is the happiest film I know of. Mostly shot in magic hour sunshine, full of incredible songs, amazing "how did they get him?" cameos and obviously the glorious fuzzy felts themselves before they started getting diluted by the newer, inferior characters.

• Giles83

Aug 31st 2010, 7:23

Agreed on the Wedding Singer! Don't forget Uncle Buck, Trains Planes and Automobiles, especially the ending!

• lilykonsta

Feb 17th 2013, 19:16

This is absolute rubbish. you're fleecing me! you're pulling the wool over my eyes! you're an EMBARRASSMENT. I cried during finding Nemo, a lot. And I'm not one to cry easily. So reassess this list and sort your life out

• lilykonsta

Feb 17th 2013, 19:17

Giles. SHUT UP plonker. you blithering idiot!