20 Actresses For Lois Lane

Who will be Superman's squeeze?

Latest News

Comments

• DoctorK

Feb 15th 2011, 9:43

I know this is going to get ret-conned later but I'd like to point out that Rashida Jones played Jesse Eisenbergs's lawyer - not ex-girlfriend in the Social Network. Otherwise a good list. I'd also like to point out - FIRST!

• gwales

Feb 15th 2011, 11:11

DoctorK - Gaah, you're right of course! Duly ammended.

Feb 15th 2011, 12:33

Emily Blunt, Rebecca Hall and Zooey Deschanel would make a great Lois Lane.

• Jeffbiscuits

Feb 15th 2011, 13:44

Oh please not Zooey Deschannel. She's vile. Her big sis, Emily has better looks without the grating voice and personality.

• olsquareeyes

Feb 15th 2011, 14:01

I think Vanessa Hudgens would make a plausible Lois.

• patches89

Feb 15th 2011, 15:44

i hate superman in general but if i was to choose a lois lane it would have to be olivia wilde

• KingofSpain

Feb 15th 2011, 16:49

Total Film also had Jon Hamm as their number one dead cert for a Zac Snyder led Supes reboot. In fact Henry Canvill wasn't even on their radar. Hamm was the obvious candidate, but Snyder went completely off the scent with his eventual selection. So Rachel McAdams won't get the part, (although I agree she'd be ideal for the role) and neither will any of the above in all likelihood.

• RJoseph

Feb 15th 2011, 20:39

As far as Emily Blunt as Lois Lane goes... Fantastic choice! Yes, she's a fellow Brit to Cavill, but she has already demonstrated her ability to play American flawlessly. There's a big however though; after the embarrassment of Gulliver's Travels, the already particular Blunt is no doubt playing it extra safe these days. Amid all the rumors surrounding the Superman reboot, Emily has been reported to have already turned down an offer as Lois. If it's true, then it's our loss.

• RJoseph

Feb 15th 2011, 20:41

As far as Emily Blunt as Lois Lane goes... Fantastic choice! Yes, she's a fellow Brit to Cavill, but she has already demonstrated her ability to play American flawlessly. There's a big however though; after the embarrassment of Gulliver's Travels ( a film she was contractually obligated to make ), the already particular Blunt is no doubt playing it extra safe these days. Amid all the rumors surrounding the Superman reboot, Emily has been reported to have already turned down an offer as Lois. If it's true, then it's our loss.

• willow138

Feb 17th 2011, 1:58

sidetracking for a minute but my god Katy Perry is like a cross between Emily Blunt and Zooey Deschannel. . anyway as a huge Supes fan this casting really matters to me. I love many of the above actresses but none of them fit my imaginations Lois. Personally even though the series was tounge in cheek I think Teri Hatcher's Lois from Lois and Clark crossed with Erica Durance's on Smallville is about perfect. Now which actress out there could do that? That one who plays Robin on How I Met Your Mother would prob do that version of Lois justice. Or even Cavil's ex caste mate the lovely Natalie Dormer .

• willow138

Feb 17th 2011, 2:01

actualy Mila Kunis would kick a*s

• QuietLife

Feb 18th 2011, 9:20

If Mila Kunis were in every film from now on it'd make me happy. Starring as Lois Lane would be the icing on the amazingly gorgeous cake!

• giovannisorta

Feb 18th 2011, 19:49

I must take umbrage at your implication that Anna Kendrick is less than stunning looking. Booo I say, Booo. Boo and Harrumph. Getting back to the topic at hand, I dunno who should be Lois Lane, and seeing as I don't really care about Superman as a character my opinion is meaningless anyway.

• wasmccabe

Feb 19th 2011, 13:24

Definites: 1) Rebecca Hall 2) Rachel McAdams Maybes: 3) Mila Kunis 4) Jessica Biel 5) Anna Kendrick I love them, but... no: 6) Zooey Deschanel (so very very very hot) 7) Ellen Page (amazing, but too young)

• Nickey09

Mar 2nd 2011, 4:37

Zooey Deschanel

• aragorn01

Oct 27th 2011, 6:00

RACHEL McADAMS is and WILL be my pick for Man of Steel's Lois. she's just THE perfect Lois for today's audience. Amy Adams might be right, IF Snyder picked Joe Manganiello as his Superman. there's one name missing from this list. a name that most definitely more deserving than the likes of Zooey or the two less known actresses there....MICHELLE MONAGHAN. she's quite younger than Amy Adams, but mature enuff to still have that OLDER WOMAN dynamics to Cavill's fresh out of smallville Clark.