20 Definite Oscar 2011 Contenders

This year’s sure fire potential gong-grabbers

Latest News

Comments

Jan 1st 2011, 9:57

Sometimes they get it right, but lets face it, AMPAS voters are a bit simple and bias toward thier A-list mates, this year line up looks a bit more worthy of the prize but theres always a Shakespeare in love, Crash, and FFS..Chicago(!) lurking in the background.

• BabyDiego

Jan 1st 2011, 11:26

"The Town" was the worst film of the year, absolutely abyssmal

• yasmin

Jan 1st 2011, 17:12

no christian bale- disgracfullll

• yasmin

Jan 1st 2011, 17:12

no christian bale- disgracfullll

• joestein96

Jan 1st 2011, 20:12

Surely Aaron Sorkin's screenplay would be nominated for best adapted screenplay rather than original, as it is based on The Accidental Billionaires. Jesus People.

• joestein96

Jan 1st 2011, 20:14

Zuckerman? Holy s**t.

• blackrainpr

Jan 2nd 2011, 0:39

I think the Town was a great movie i hope it's gets the nomination that it deserve, Bale most win best supporting actor and best picture is between Toy Story 3 and The Social Network...Inception is a beautiful movie but not that powerful as the other contenders, it most win original screenplay for sure !!!

• thisgenius

Jan 2nd 2011, 7:25

Aronofsky won for The Wrestler?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can remember, he wasn't even nominated. Boyle took it home that year.

• thisgenius

Jan 2nd 2011, 7:29

Tsk, tsk, Total Film. Its Mark ZuckerBERG, not Zuckerman!

• richygd9

Jan 2nd 2011, 19:00

Oh deary me, you've missed the favourite for oscar glory - namely The King's Speech! Plus Colin Firth will definitely be nominated and Noomi Rapace as deserving as she is will not be nominated. Nic Cage wont either and Ryan Gosling is a tentative choice at best. Sometimes I think you haven't really thought this through!

• joker16

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:41

Alright, I'm so sick and tried of hearing people whine and complain that animated movies should have just as much consideration for Best Picture as live action films. That's absurd, seriously, people need to grow up. If you were 7, I might understand why you might think Toy Story 3 or Wall-E or Up or whatever is so compelling. But guess what? You're not 7, in fact your probably adults. It's totally ludicrous to suggest that these animated movies and just as good if not better than films like Inception or The Social Network or 127 Hours or Black Swan or The King's Speech or Animal Kingdom or Shutter Island, etc. I'm not denying that it takes a considerable amount of talent to make animation. It does. I have nothing but respect for those guys. But stop going on about how there better than these other films. One is marketed to children, the other is marketed toward adults. So if you want to be considered an adult, start acting like one.

• patrickbateman

Jan 3rd 2011, 16:45

@joker16. You are joking right? If not then you are a pretentious idiot

• joker16

Jan 3rd 2011, 20:11

@patrickbateman Just because you don't agree with me does not make me pretentious.

• Area51

Jan 3rd 2011, 21:40

Ha ha! Handbags at dawn! I reckon Joker16 has a point though, even if a little demented with the delivery. ;-) There's a reason for the Best Animation catergory. To be nominated in the Best Picture catergory makes a farce of it. However good it is. Obviously if Toy Story 3 or say, The Illusionist were considered good enough then they will be entered in their given catergory and be grateful for it! I think going from the early buzz, Colin Firth looks the shoe-in but it could be that useless bag of s**te, Mark Wussberg (I really hope not) and Vincent Cassel & Winona Ryder may be in the Best Supporting Actor/Actress catergory for Black Swan. I can think we need to go the other way and include a Best Comedy catergory. Realising this may look hypocritical but the Oscars are a little too conservative at times considering some of the biggest money spinners in the last few years have been comedies such as The Hangover, The other Guys and Due Date..................