20 Surprisingly Violent Movies

Don't show the kids

Comments

Jan 4th 2012, 9:26

First of all, Kick-a*s is rated 18 and called erm...Kick a*s, not exactly for kids. No Spiderman 2? Doc Ock and the surgeons is probably the closest Raimi did to old school horror. One more thing, stop trying to flog Goon to everyone, it is (and will always be) an elaphantine barrel of sh*t.

• marc96

Jan 4th 2012, 11:56

yeah theres no way kick a*s is ever meant to be a kids film, but agree with most of these films on the list. I would have had to have The Witches on my list though, that film freaked me out big time. and please stop advertising Goon your almost as bad as the london underground and buses lol

• MisterAmj

Jan 4th 2012, 12:26

I don't know if this qualifies, but what about From Dusk Till Dawn? Granted, it IS an 18 rated movie, but I'll be damned if no one who knew what the movie was about was expecting the supernatural violence that kicks in half way through. Also, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was pretty full on in its violence.

• apo1978

Jan 4th 2012, 13:50

@ Hadouken76, pretty sure Kick-a*s is a 15 but, still, its on odd list this from TF. Why would anyone show "Drive" to kids anyway...? This list should've been limited to kids movies, or ones that are PG and under...

• SiMan

Jan 4th 2012, 14:25

Apparantly, my Grandad showed me poltergeist when i was about 5. My parents found came home to find me hiding behind the sofa. I can't remember it though - it must have scared me so much i blocked it from my mind. Whenever i think of Joe Pesci as well, i always picture him in Home Alone - Not Goodfellas or Casino, but Home Alone. He doesn't half take a beating in those two films.

• MikeyRix

Jan 4th 2012, 15:26

And "Super 8"? What about the *SPOILER* head being squished on the bus */SPOILER* scene? Eeewwww.

• MrScary

Jan 4th 2012, 17:31

Jaws? Really?? A movie about a man-eating shark??? Again, the premise is a SHARK swims around, and EATS PEOPLE. How the hell is there any shocking violence in the film? I think the only movie that would scream violence more than Jaws is DEATH RACE 2000.

• McSerious

Jan 4th 2012, 21:11

No Pans Labyrinth? Y'know, that film that people actually took their kids too because it was marketed as a fantasy but also involved some epic violence? Lord of the Rings, that PG with graphic beheadings? X2 is VERY violent compared to the first film.

• Jrdnsans1792

Jan 5th 2012, 0:08

What about Un Chien Andalou (An Andalusian Dog), nobody expects the 'eyeball scene' unless they already know and i defy anybody not to look away or even wince on first viewing. Also if Jaws is on this list, then why not Jurassic Park?

• writerdave87

Jan 5th 2012, 15:25

Lord of the Rings should be in here. Insane amount of violence for a PG.

• 2Dglasses

Jan 5th 2012, 15:44

fantasy violence always gets a pass. if star wars wasnt in a galaxy far far away would they get with beheadings? mutilation-in dookus case quickly followed by a beheading? children being killed en-mass in cold blood? borderline incest ? charred corpses? not even going into the whole rancor scene. a lot of that aint for 'younglings'

• DanRose

Jan 5th 2012, 16:41

Wait a minute. There's loads of films there I wouldn't show the kids as you say....Like Cars 2, the torture scene, the last few Harry Potter films had some surprisingly dark and scary stuff in them.

• Stickaross

Jan 5th 2012, 22:36

Short circuit 2. When them goons kick the c**p out of him. Horrific!!

• Grabthar

Jan 6th 2012, 21:03

Weird list as there are a lot of movies I wouldn't show to a child. Should add "Gremlins" though. My child had nightmares for years after seeing that movie.

• Grabthar

Jan 6th 2012, 21:04

Oops, just saw it listed. Must of missed that row the first time through. Sorry.