30 Craziest Movie Casting Moments

Bizarre acting gigs that you would never see coming

Latest News

Comments

Oct 10th 2013, 8:29

Known for playing nice characters, Sir Ben Kingsley turns up as a psychotic hardman in Sexy Beast. Genius. Why does this page move up and down? It annoying when I'm trying to read.

• ash333

Oct 10th 2013, 9:59

Oh wow! No way.. The Joker is number one.. Talented and versatile actor gets cast in blockbuster movie and does a great job. Seriously, what the f**k is so 'crazy' about that!? He was an actor who was hired to act based on his well recieved back catalogue. Crazy would have been getting Schwarzenegger to play it.

• Jareth64

Oct 10th 2013, 11:59

Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love springs to mind, and Jim Carrey in Truman Show. Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.

• simonaustin

Oct 10th 2013, 12:12

ash333 - There was MASSIVE backlash to Ledger when he was cast, just as big as the current Affleck/Batman deal. At the time Ledger was widely known as being the heart throb romantic comedy guy from things like 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knights Tale, and the guy from "that gay cowboy film." He wasn't given the credit he deserved for his acting work, and being the internet, everyone had their gut reaction and decided they wouldn't budge in the face of logic. Deciding instead that Nolan must have been nuts.

• simonaustin

Oct 10th 2013, 12:15

The backlash showed he was an unconventional choice for the fan expectation of the Joker character. Obviously, he was a perfect choice for Nolan's Joker, but for the fans classic idea of Joker in their head? Very unconventional.

• McSerious

Oct 11th 2013, 0:43

100% agreed with Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast, Hadouken... How about Keaton as Batman? Didn't everyone kick up a stink about that too?

• ash333

Oct 11th 2013, 10:44

#simonaustin - I do get Heath ledger was surprise for some people. It's just that this website could do a top 50 list of top 50 lists where The Joker is conveniently number one. Top 50 purple jackets in cinema. Top 50 disappearing pencils etc.. I was trying to make a political point and got carried away. No more drinking before lunch..

• SiMan

Oct 11th 2013, 12:41

That Robert De-Niro 'Big' one would have been interesting. Hanks is perfect in the role, but it would have been interesting to see De Niro's straight-faced grown up acting like a kid.

• mimran

Oct 12th 2013, 10:19

Michael Carlisle ???????? My husband works from home. it's saved United States of America virtually thousands of greenbacks in travel expenses. as a result of he will work for anyplace there's a reliable net affiliation, we have a tendency to were ready to stick with my mother once the death of my stepparent while not my husband desirous to take vacation time. .>>> .............. W­W­W.ℳ­a­x­6­8.ℂ­ℴ­ℳ

• DonnaCabel4

Oct 13th 2013, 1:16

Sign up here if you are interested some online part time jobs!! b­ℴ­w­6­.­ℂ­o­m

• orsontruax25

Oct 13th 2013, 18:59

✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, go to home tab for Registration ✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒www.JℴℬS72.ℭℴℳ