30 Most Violent Movies

Not for the faint-hearted…

Latest News

Comments

• 2Dglasses

Apr 20th 2012, 8:48

I think you have confused the end of the 2009 (?) rambo with the ending of the 1980s era original. The 'original' has a death count of 1-the guy who falls from the helicopter. Some violence there but lets face it very tame for today-i mean he purposely doesnt kill the deputies or even the sheriff....

• MikeyRix

Apr 20th 2012, 12:58

#30 sounds like it was based on the same true story that inspired the song "Mein Teil" ("My Part") by German industrial metal band Rammstein.

• MikeyRix

Apr 20th 2012, 12:59

...You've already mentioned that. My apologies, please disregard the majority of that comment! :L

• deedeedragons

Apr 20th 2012, 14:09

No Wolf Creek?

Apr 20th 2012, 14:28

No Clockwork Orange and Resevoir Dogs? The bane of the BBFC.

• MrScary

Apr 20th 2012, 18:11

2Dglasses, I think you are talking about First Blood; the one where the guy falls out of the helicopter. Rambo: First Blood Part II was the sequel.

• MrScary

Apr 20th 2012, 18:12

The problem with #4 Rambo (2008) in this list is that they used a photo from First Blood.

• thejonner

Apr 20th 2012, 21:27

Grotesque (2009)? A plotless Japanese film, also turned down flat by the BBFC. The internet's a wonderful thing, making films, music, political and potentially subversive and seditious material available for people who may otherwise not be catered to by mainstream media, but I wish to God I hadn't bothered to hunt this thing down. If ever a film could be summed up by its title...

• writerdave87

Apr 20th 2012, 21:39

Loved the random cameo by Charlie Sheen.

• thedanieljson

Apr 21st 2012, 0:46

I'd love to watch more movie online online but I just don't know WHERE to look. There's some pretty nasty Japanese films (Tokyo Gore Police features a b******b ending in castration, which then - somehow - results in a giant shotgun-c**k) but I figure they're so ridiculous they end up being hilarious and have too little effect to land on this list. Which is a good one, by the way.

• thedanieljson

Apr 21st 2012, 0:49

B-J for those that couldn't understand the censorship..

• 2Dglasses

Apr 23rd 2012, 9:31

MikeyRix, indeed-i just used 'original' to mean the original film with rambo in it, first blood. Before the piece was altered, it said that First Blood ended with beheadings, disembowlings etc. Also explains the picture.

• FBNErdel

Apr 24th 2012, 15:30

"The film remains unreleased in the US and Canada, thanks to its ties with so much controversy - especially in the wake of the Columbine Massacre." Check your facts, guys - this film, and it's (not very good) sequel, just got a huge blu-ray release in the US.

• Brunswick

Oct 23rd 2012, 17:22

So by being ranked #1, does that mean THE WILD BUNCH is the most violent? I completely disagree. I think it's pretty tame by today's standards.

• reillyjohnson

Nov 5th 2012, 8:19

The order on these films is terrible, I can't see how The Wild Bunch is more violent than a lot of those films, particularly A Serbian Film.

• spikemtz

Dec 9th 2012, 6:38

While this was quite an entertaining read, I was hoping there'd be more action movies! This list could just as easily have been coined "30 Most Shocking Movies" or "30 Goriest Movies"! Still quite enjoyable!