30 Movies That'll Never Be Remade

At least we hope not...

Latest News

Comments

• CaptainCrazy

Jun 9th 2011, 8:56

I'm conflicted about remakes - on the one hand stories have been retold since the beginning of time. Why should films be different? Yet I am very protective about certain films which I guess is selfish as a new generation will probably never see them. Without remakes we would never have known Nolan's excellent take on Batman - on the flipside, we now also have Gus Van Sants' Psycho.

• FBRSmith

Jun 9th 2011, 9:24

Tarantino is scheduled to make 'Faster, Pussycat Kill Kill' in 2015 for the Weinsteins. Early casting suggestions include Lindsay Lohan, Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, Brandi Coleman & Carmen Electra!

• ChrisWootton

Jun 9th 2011, 10:52

Star Wars will never be remade because Herr Lucas owns the rights to everything... including Mark Hamill's career, Carrie Fishers voice and Harrison Fords scar. You can't even buy a normal bin anymore because he owns the rights to the shape as it resembles a droid... probably

• CaptainCrazy

Jun 9th 2011, 11:25

I want Citizen Kane to be remade by Brett Ratner - c'mon, you know you want it. Imagine Chris Tucker in the lead. "Rosebud...ROOOSEEBUUUUUUUD! You sonofab***h!"

• Jok23r

Jun 9th 2011, 12:05

Honestly you go through 30 films and don't mention either Apocalypse Now or The Godfather?

• SabrinaIde

Jun 9th 2011, 12:07

Titanic 3D is scheduled for re-release in April 2012, 100 years after the ship went down. James Cameron has been working on the conversion for several years. Since I was too young at the time to watch it in cinema I have to say I'm quite excited, James Cameron is THE MASTER when it comes to 3D and Titanic is one of those movies you HAVE to see in cinema. That said I find it a bit strange that ITV is working on a Titanic TV-series...why would anyone want to do a Titanic remake after Cameron??? On the other hand, Julian Fellowes is the guy behind the project, and I just love Downton Abbey, so I am curious about this tv-series. Ben Hur should have been listed as well, even though they DID do a remake last year....can't imagine it is any good, especially since I hadn't heard of it, saw the DVD in the store last week. While I'm at it...Mary Poppins, 300, LOTR, Dirty Dancing 1 & the Exorcist shouldn't be remade either :)

• SabrinaIde

Jun 9th 2011, 12:09

ow, and Fight Club of course! And American History X

• gwales

Jun 9th 2011, 12:23

@Jok23r For some reason I've got a creeping dread that a Godfather remake might come along one day. I didn't want to tempt fate!

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Jun 9th 2011, 12:58

Ha ha, Watchmen - 'serviceable', brilliant! 'Serviceable' is being generous!

• BlueOh

Jun 9th 2011, 17:29

Freaks already got a re-make, they changed the name but it's pretty much a copy of the original, except not good at all. 'Freakshow'- 2007.

• Jok23r

Jun 9th 2011, 17:42

@gwales The day hollywood decide to tamper with the perfection of that masterpiece, is the day I'll strap C4 blocks on every floor in Cineworld in Glasgow and watch it blow sky high.

• MrScary

Jun 9th 2011, 18:24

Jaws??? And the sequels and Deep Blue Sea do not count.

• ashleyrhys

Jun 9th 2011, 22:21

Toy Story 1 and 2 were converted to 3D before the release of 3. Also, Final Fantasy is brilliant. The games themselves have great storylines and amazing character development although I do agree that The Spirits Within film was terrible, they could quite easily make a great film out of one. For example, Advent Children was much better than The Spirits Within.

• DanRose

Jun 10th 2011, 16:23

Seven, The Usual Suspects and The Sixth Sense?? Film which endings had such big impacts it would be pointless remaking them surely?!

• TinEar85

Jul 9th 2011, 0:52

Really, never? You cannot imagine seeing a studio throwing cash at a big name director to remake Citizen Cane, Gone with the Wind, Clockwork Orange, or To Kill a Mockingbird? They casually remade The Ladykillers, Alfie and Pink Panther, didn't they? And you know a remake or "prequel" (ugh) of Point Break and Labyrinth is bound to happen sometime in the next twenty years. I hate to be honest, but the only ones that are safe are Withnail and I and Mulholland Dr because they are overrated and obscure cult movies already, there would be no market for a modern update.

• TonyTheTiger

Jul 11th 2011, 4:58

A period remake of To Kill A mocking Bird was essentially already made, with Matthew McConaughey and Samuel L. Jackson, called "A Time To Kill"

• ifonlyx33

Jan 18th 2013, 2:57

Do you think they would remake the LOTR trilogy?