30 Worst Movie Extras

Bad & inadvertently brilliant background stars

Latest News

Comments

• BasedBishop

May 18th 2013, 22:02

For the Dark Knight Rises one (number 18), he's actually hit in the chest by a gun.

• johndevoy

May 19th 2013, 1:38

hehe funny list, though you should of had all the extras in the end crowd scene in 'Escape To Victory' Tank tops, tight jeans and white trainers and way to long hair for the 1940s.

• Igrayne

May 19th 2013, 6:51

I love how they do their best not to make Hathaway look like a fifteen year old boy and suggest that she actually has a woman's chest, right then.

• Igrayne

May 19th 2013, 6:51

Just cast a woman who can fit the part of Catwoman for f*** sake.

• Stuie182

May 19th 2013, 9:28

Thought I'd read the list just to check I wasn't in it. (I'm not that's good.) But saying that, god you guys are pedantic. I didn't really think anyone noticed what the extras are doing, unless it's glaringly obvious... some of these are, the others though you must have been watching through the pause button. (I only ever do that with Basic Instinct. =) ) And is Igrayne really suggesting Anne Hathaway has no t**s? Obviously never seen Love & Other Drugs, Havoc or even Brokeback Mountain then?

• thejonner

May 19th 2013, 9:46

My favourite extra EVER is the fella in the tank in Independence Day who salutes with fizzing patriotic fervour following Bill Pullman's inspiration speech before the final battle. A thing of joy.

• rawmackaw

May 19th 2013, 10:09

Can't believe that the extra in Waterworld was left out. It's early in the film when the supply town discover Costner is a man-fish and they lynch him. There's a particular woman extra who almost demands a leading part herself. Also the extra in the 1984 Karate Kid who shouts "You're going home in a body bag" and giggles at Daniel-san during the build up to the big finish.

May 19th 2013, 11:36

"Malkovich! Think fast!"

• rhyskendall

May 19th 2013, 11:43

There is another one in Jaws: when Michael Brody is in the hospital being pushed on a gurney the awkward looking kid pushing it looks straight down the camera

• Bandit1

May 19th 2013, 12:11

In "Gladiator" there's another one. When Commodus gets finally killed, everybody's quiet and nobody moves. Except for one guy scratching his head...

• Jareth64

May 20th 2013, 11:55

Groovy list. I never knew of that Jaws one, I'm going to be laughing at that bit from now on. I'd seen the Braveheart one before (aren't I amazing!!!) and that's the problem with big a*s scale battles, I guess. And @Igrayne - what's with the chest fascination? Grow up! I bet you've got a small ****! LOL!

• bonniecole

May 20th 2013, 13:46

Regarding the PLANET OF THE APES limp wristed ape. This is NOT a background extra error. This is Zira. She is the compassionate one who feels the humans should not be hurt. This is why she is lightly throwing the rock.

• BenTramer

May 21st 2013, 12:21

My favourite attention-seeking extra is in the Bond movie Licence To Kill. At the start there's a party after Felix Leiter has just got married and there's a really old guy with a white beard dancing as if his life depends upon it while everyone else does the bare minimum so they can pick up their cheque and go home.

• henzlee

May 21st 2013, 18:42

#14 and #20 are the best by far

• armandarymusic

May 23rd 2013, 16:30

The Back to the Future one - it was actually the kid's birthday and Robert Zemeckis allowed him to guide the camera. So that is actually just him signalling the camera :)