40 Disturbing Movie Scenes

Are you brave enough to experience them all?

Comments

• jkoopa

Dec 8th 2010, 10:27

Oh come on!!!!! How could you not include Happiness?!?! The scene where Bill tells his son what he did to his friends is horrifically disturbing and superbly acted

• ChrisWootton

Dec 8th 2010, 10:36

Temple of doom It remains unavailable in its original form in the UK? Really? It's on the DVD I bought

• mlee07

Dec 8th 2010, 11:20

What about Society orgy scene? or wound scenes in Dans Ma Peau...

• rxqueen2410

Dec 8th 2010, 12:11

In Misery, she didn't kneecap him. It was the ankles she smashed. Hate to be pedantic but I always am when it comes to Total Film.

• ChrisWootton

Dec 8th 2010, 12:30

Also, Wicker Man... I couldn't get the ending out if my head for years after I first saw it

• KFussell

Dec 8th 2010, 13:30

I would have thought that Taxidermia would have been in there somewhere - it's by far the most disturbing film I've seen in years, including most of those on your list.

• MaggieWilliams

Dec 8th 2010, 14:27

Agreed. Taxidermia really should really be in here. Otherwise a pretty substantial list.

• MaggieWilliams

Dec 8th 2010, 14:28

• Punchbear

Dec 8th 2010, 16:36

The head-splitting scene in Dead Man? That was pretty disturbing.

Dec 8th 2010, 19:56

The shooting of Bambi's mother? C'mon!

• CBrun

Dec 8th 2010, 20:39

What about the beating scene in "The Killer Inside me?" Casey Affleck and Jessica Alba. I still can't get that scene out of my head.

• MikeyRix

Dec 8th 2010, 21:48

"Man Bites Dog": I saw most of that film; in my opinion the rape wasn't the most disturbing part of it. The family-killing, especially the suffocation of that child, was the most disturbing.

• blackrainpr

Dec 8th 2010, 23:02

i thought the scene in splice the sex scene it was pretty disturbing, and the scene in bad lieutenant the masturbating scene hahaha

• ChrisWootton

Dec 9th 2010, 12:49

One of the most disturbing scenes ever has to be Anni Skywalker "This is tense!", I can't seem to shake that

• FBSCapewell

Oct 4th 2011, 16:46

Almost any scene from the first Hellraiser film. Also where is the head exploding from scene Scanners?

• SugarBaby101

Oct 5th 2012, 3:33

my parents punished my sister and i for being bad when we were little by making us watch the passion of the christ. needless to say, that is not a movie for a 12 year old who was ultra sensitive to everything....im scarred for life. ive seen 95% of these movies though, they're all real great....that should concern me i think...hah

• sergiodefenders

Jun 20th 2014, 16:59

There's any movie most controversial that The Excorcist, the "crucifix/turned head scene", 25 years later, still frights me!. Very good movie indeed, it's kinda a masochistic thing, despite its frighten you, you enjoy it!