40 Greatest Horror Movie Posters

Scary one-sheets to give you the shivers

Comments

• JohnnyMac

Sep 22nd 2011, 9:51

Fright Night (1985). It will take me the rest of the day to recover from it's omission. Actually, I'm over it already. But it should be on there. OK, now I'm over it.

• lonea

Sep 22nd 2011, 11:02

The April Fool's Day(1986) poster is pretty great too.

• ChrisWootton

Sep 22nd 2011, 11:15

Ha, C.H.U.D... I actually own that on video.. it's f*****g terrible. In fact we actually used the term CHUD to mean c**p after my friends and I watched it. They even did a sequel called.. wait for it... C.H.U.D 2, Bud the CHUD... classic! Agree with JohnnyMac, the Fright Night poster was awesome and should be there.

Sep 22nd 2011, 11:43

Scanners, worthy of any dorm

• ChrisWootton

Sep 22nd 2011, 12:25

Oooh good one.. I remember the big cardboard standup in my local cinema for scanners. Every time I went to the movies I'd see it and be freaked out but at the same time desperately wishing my childhood away so that I could see it. Excellent call Hadouken

• McSerious

Sep 22nd 2011, 15:41

Wasn't Jenna Jameson in THE STUFF? Perhaps I watched a different film... Similar poster though!

• DonisFun

Sep 22nd 2011, 19:05

CHUD was great as a kid but f*****g awful when you get to an age and know what is actually going on. Best poster I had as a kid was 'Neon Maniacs', I pester the local video shop for about 6 months for it, I ended up cutting a deal and paying a £1 for the privilege of owing it.

• Murphy0806

Sep 22nd 2011, 22:31

Nightmare On Elm Street was a strange omission. Purely for Nancy's eyes alone, even though they should be shut. Also the Lonely Place To Die poster was on my local bus stop recently. Not seen it yet and not sure it would class as a horror but the look on Melissa George's face scares the s**t out of me.

• scuzz80

Sep 23rd 2011, 18:07

I know it's not a horror movie but the poster for 'Big Trouble in Little China' scared the c**p out of me when I was a kid. I thought it was awesome so put it on my door and then regrettably found out I had Lopan staring at me as I cried myself to sleep.

• scuzz80

Sep 23rd 2011, 18:08

• BlueOh

Sep 24th 2011, 17:32

I really love the Scream poster.