40 Star Wars Stories That Should Be Movies

Spin-offs from a galaxy far, far away...

Comments

• metalgatesolid

Oct 18th 2010, 8:23

Boba Fett wasnt orphaned by the death of his dad that made him become a bounty hunter. This new trilogy stuff really annoyes me. Boba Fett was an imperial Officer originally.

• brillo2580

Oct 18th 2010, 10:38

People like YOU annoy ME!! It's F'n make believe buddy.. As in, NOT REAL!! They can do whatever they want. Leave your bedroom and get a girlfriend.

• roguelead

Oct 18th 2010, 11:36

I feel like if Scorsese directed I, Jedi, everyone would end up somehow~ being killed off in the end. Because he likes to kill off errybody. Haha. But I am all for Duncan Jones directing Rogue Squadron movies.

• BenHawkes

Oct 18th 2010, 16:04

What about The Dark Lords Of The Sith graphic novels? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Jedi:_Dark_Lords_of_the_Sith ) They were utter awesome!

• metalgatesolid

Oct 18th 2010, 22:30

@ brillo2580- I have a girlfriend. And friends. People like YOU ANNOY the F&@K out of me. Following Star Wars is a hobbie of mine. Im sorry if your too "cool" to understand that.

• DanielMcA

Oct 19th 2010, 16:05

What about The Star Wars Holiday Special? Plot: Chewbacca returns home for Life Day and other such c**p Why it'd be great: More money for George Lucas. The Director: Dario Argento

Oct 19th 2010, 17:45

Anyone remember X-wing on the Amiga/ Atari ST? I think its ironic that the supposed Star Wars rip-off Battlestar Galactica, has recieved better reviews than the entire prequel trilogy

• quietus28

Oct 19th 2010, 19:22

I agree with metalgatesolid; the way they've warped the backstory for all this stuff is annoying as hell. Makes Star Wars harder and harder to like. I also agree that brillo2580 is an a*s. Splinter in the Mind's Eye was a terrible book. C'mon, Luke cuts off Vader's arm, all before the events of Empire? Actually most of this stuff sounds pretty bad. Death Troopers and the Zahn books are probably among the few exceptions. I'm also surprised the Han Solo adventures that take place after he leaves the Empire, but prior to Star Wars, aren't included. Dark Forces origintated onthe PC, not Playstation. And while there are quite a few good SW games, they're already cinematic enough, so there's no need or point to re-tell them in a big screen environment.

• quietus28

Oct 19th 2010, 19:22

I agree with metalgatesolid; the way they've warped the backstory for all this stuff is annoying as hell. Makes Star Wars harder and harder to like. I also agree that brillo2580 is an a*s. Splinter in the Mind's Eye was a terrible book. C'mon, Luke cuts off Vader's arm, all before the events of Empire? Actually most of this stuff sounds pretty bad. Death Troopers and the Zahn books are probably among the few exceptions. I'm also surprised the Han Solo adventures that take place after he leaves the Empire, but prior to Star Wars, aren't included. Dark Forces originated on the PC, not Playstation. And while there are quite a few good SW games, they're already cinematic enough, so there's no need or point to re-tell them in a big screen environment.

• Monkeynuts30

Oct 20th 2010, 1:34

I'm sure to be yelled at for pointing this out but since GL made up the universe and characters, not to mention events and history, he can pretty much change anything he likes... he's not bound by what fan fiction has developed as they followed on from him, not the other way around. Not that I'm saying he's right to do so, just saying he has the right to do so, as the creator of the star wars world

• AlexR1987

Oct 22nd 2010, 15:13

It's a wee bit depressing but is it just me or is the only one that I think studios would green light would be the Michael Bay version of 'Battlefront'? "And then, you'd have an explosion, BRAGHSHHH! And loads of stormtroopers would fly through the air, ARGHHHH!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvhMb4ccm7o

• dojj singh

Nov 3rd 2012, 12:33

you never hear the batfans making this sort of a noise about how things turn out and even though transformers fans made a noise about prim being the wrong truck they eventually came round why do you think 5 people arguing on the internet are going to change anyones minds?

• filbert77

Nov 3rd 2012, 15:14

They already said it'll be an original story. pointless feature is pointless.

• AlfredsDream098

Nov 3rd 2012, 17:06

@filbert77 And it already says at the top that this list was made in march 2011. Comment is pointless.

• smellyhands

Nov 3rd 2012, 19:06

40 isn't enough. I want 50.

• philipcoffey

Nov 3rd 2012, 21:47

Brillo2580, your response made me and my missus laugh a lot. Cheers mate.

• FBJRider

Nov 4th 2012, 10:49

The Force Unleashed would probably make the best film but the problem there is that it's 3.5 rather than 7. You didn't sell it very well though, it's more about how his plan to assassinate the Emperor leads to the rebel alliance being formed more than Vader's plan itself.

• LSJShez

Nov 4th 2012, 18:10

With their eye straining CGI, the prequels were ropey at best. The benefit the new ones will have is no George Lucas script or directing. I'm expecting it to be c**p; that way, hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Mingemaster

Nov 4th 2012, 19:14

The only way I will watch another bloody Star Wars film is if Luke is the bad guy!