50 Best London Film Festival Moments Of All Time

London rocks…

Comments

Oct 10th 2012, 8:28

These kinds of festivals are full of gems and it irritates me how many underwhelming or just plain sh/te films go on to win best picture Oscars, ie Titanic (great CGI, but tied to a painfully -almost parodic- cliched romance) Crash (Oscar voters don't like gays), Beautiful Mind (a near-fictional biopic full of lies and made up events), Chicago (can't remember a thing about it) Forrest Gump (How many people think its better than Shawshank?)

• Bandit1

Oct 10th 2012, 12:07

Good calls on "Kiss Kiss - Bang Bang", "The Road", "Lost In Translation" and "The Woodsman". On the other hand, "Slumdog Millionaire" and "The Artist" are still extremely overrated. Not just by TF...by almost every critic.

• Bandit1

Oct 10th 2012, 12:08

• Bandit1

Oct 10th 2012, 12:08

• Bandit1

Oct 10th 2012, 12:15

....ooooook, I think I made my point. Sorry guys....I guess an administrator will delete the double and triple comment.

Oct 10th 2012, 17:38

With all the thieves spamming their knock off wares on here, you give the administrators too much credit.

• Jareth64

Oct 11th 2012, 12:00

Slumdog Millionaire and The Artist are massively overrated. The former particularly. However, there are some good calls here, such as The Woodsman and Lost in Translation. How I Ended This Summer won Best Film? I'll watch it, although it's hardly got rave reviews anywhere else...