50 Bravest Movie Heroines

Fearless females...

Latest News

Comments

• thedanieljson

Aug 14th 2012, 6:50

Awesome to see Princess Mononoke so high up, Miyazaki has always been excellent when it comes to female characters. I was GOING to complain about Chihiro from Spirited Away not being in there seeing as she's basically Alice in Wonderland but with a more significant character arc, but Princess M. does take a whole lot of c**p in that film...

• QuietLife

Aug 14th 2012, 8:20

Did I miss Mathilda from Leon or have you committed a heinous crime?!?

• anthonyhillman

Aug 14th 2012, 9:01

The image accompanying Jen from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is actually of Mei from House Of Flying Daggers. Both played by Zhang Ziyi, but I thought it worth pointing out.

• CaptainCrazy

Aug 14th 2012, 9:58

I try not to add who I think you missed out as this is not my list but I can't resist here. Ophelia (I think that's her name) from Pan's Labyrinth should be in there somewhere and I still think no Catwoman to date is better than Michele Pfeiffer. The tag team of Thelma and Louise should always be in a list like this.

• Heisenberg

Aug 14th 2012, 10:48

Ok, have to ask others coz id love to know if its just my laptop, but recently has anyone else experienced that, on these.....50 whatevers.....every fifth or sxith click means the page reloads and u have to scroll down again or, if im sittin on page 50 like now, and scroll across to get to 1, that a scroll across reloads the page and u have to try and scroll all the way across again?? anyone?

• SiMan

Aug 14th 2012, 12:40

@Heisenberg - yep, have same problem on my work pc. Very annoying.

• SiMan

Aug 14th 2012, 12:45

Oh and @anthonyhillman - unless this has been updated since 9 oclock this morning, the image of Jen does appear to be from Crouching Tiger. She's got the Green Destiny (think thats what it was called) behind her.

• Senver

Aug 14th 2012, 13:17

Is catwoman a Heroine? she mostly seems to be doing things for selfish reasons throughout the entire film.

• Senver

Aug 14th 2012, 13:21

Despite being branded a villain, she’s not all bad, as demonstrated in prequel X-Men: First Class. Is this the definition of a hero? TF just do a list of 20 please

• hulkysmashsmash

Aug 14th 2012, 13:37

Great list, would have liked Sydney from Scream, Carol Anne from Poltergeist and a couple others ^_^

• anthonyhillman

Aug 14th 2012, 14:36

@SiMan Yup, it's been updated since this morning.

Aug 14th 2012, 21:07

brave would be Scarlet Johansson learning more than 2 facial expressions.

• DanRose

Aug 14th 2012, 21:54

Wait no Matilda from Leon?? Knew Ripley was gonna be No.1 but thought Matilda was gonna be in there. Heisenberg its every 3rd or 4th for me. They did have this thing sorted...

• Heisenberg

Aug 14th 2012, 22:18

@Hadouken, or Kristen Stewart learning more than 1

• McSerious

Aug 15th 2012, 23:33

Woah no Ophelia from Pan's?! Thought she'd be competing for top spot! And Mathilda? She was brave to take Leon's large, throbbing... Nevermind! And why not Kate Beckinsale over Rhona Mitra? Can't remember their names, I didn't really listen to the Underworld films... Dr Aki from The Spirits Within? How about the heroine from Rec?

• wibble

Aug 16th 2012, 9:49

I'll echo the disbelief at Mathilda from Leon being omitted. Also, I would've thrown Azumi into the list.

• CoxyGirl

Aug 16th 2012, 15:43

Hit-Girl is incredible. Hope rumours there is more focus on her in the second Kick a*s are true.

• MrScary

Aug 16th 2012, 17:25

Good list, but Laurie Strode needs to be much hire. Top 5 for sure.

• dcxiv14

Aug 17th 2012, 12:30

Sydney Prescot anybody??? if you put gale weathers....

• gungagalunga

Aug 20th 2012, 15:05

Maybe not a heroine of action film standards but in terms of Bravery, Selma from Dance in the Dark would be pretty high on my list.

• TheCandySniper

Aug 22nd 2012, 19:18

I am actually ok with who is on the list just not the order at all. Ripley being number 1 *thumbs up* but there are a lot of people very low on the list that should be higher up and vica versa

• dbuchanan

Sep 2nd 2012, 20:43

chihiro from spirited away should definitely be on here

• ginnyweasley

Feb 28th 2013, 1:38

what about lily potter?i foundit really brave when she sacrificed her life for harry