50 Creepiest Movie Psychopaths

Stay out of their way…

Latest News

Comments

• Bandit1

Dec 5th 2012, 7:39

That was a cool list. Of all the movie psychos it's hard to chose 50. Some good calls here. And of course, as usual, some I missed: I think Martin from "Human Centipede 2" deserves to be here very much. Then Edward Norton in "Primal Fear". Also the raping Hillbillies from "Deliverance". Cyrus the Virus was also missing (as is Garland Greene). Also: Did I miss Michael Myers somehow??...so many killers of Slasher movies here, but no Myers? Then: I wouldn't call Sy (R. Williams) in "One Hour Photo" a Psycho. He clearly can't deal with the real world, because something happened to him when he was a kid (there was a clear hint of that in the end of the movie). He just lost it a little in the end, but he's more a sad person who needs help rather than a Psycho. Did Bateman just fantasise? In the book it's pretty clear he did it! And that was also stated once by Ellis himself in an interview. And btw, I always thought Patrick Bateman looks like a young version of Jeff Brides (esp. with the sunglasses)...or is it just me? ...oh well, probably.

• CTurner1

Dec 5th 2012, 11:22

Cool list but the picture of "Ichi" is actually Kakihara

• craigmustdie

Dec 5th 2012, 13:35

Good list, but Henry is #1, Michael Rooker's performance is the most skin-crawlingly intense and worryingly believable I have ever seen.

• ericwillard

Dec 5th 2012, 13:50

Check out a New Zealand made movie called The Ugly. They did it well. Love the movie. The killer Simon Cartwright, the actor: Paolo Rotondo

• craigmustdie

Dec 5th 2012, 13:52

John Ryder is way too low down on the list as well

• gungagalunga

Dec 5th 2012, 14:57

Frank Booth should be higher. He made Roy Orbison scary!!

• daz8778

Dec 5th 2012, 15:42

Killer joe SUCK THIS.

• cc1129

Dec 5th 2012, 16:27

Actually Stansfield's fondness was for Beethoven, not Mozart and Brahms.

• McSerious

Dec 5th 2012, 18:04

While I'm a huge fan of Heath Ledger's performance, I think putting him so high on a 'creepiest' list is a little misguided. Most charismatic perhaps? He's never actually scary because he's too enjoyable to watch.

• DaveyMay

Dec 5th 2012, 19:01

You cannot have the Guy from Human Centipede 1, without including the guy from HC2. The second guy makes the 'doctor' look like Mary Poppins. The guy was seriously scary - when hegoes round bashing all there teeth out I nearly vommed - and I love a good horror! Also, glad that Switch Blade Romance got a mention - love that film!!

• Broadsword

Dec 6th 2012, 21:47

I'm sorry but when Hannibal Lecter has nightmares there about John Doe.

• michaelmowbray

Dec 7th 2012, 11:37

I cannot believe that you missed this one out! Kyung-chul from I Saw the Devil. That was a really bad mistake there...

• Maese125

Dec 8th 2012, 15:17

seriously no Michael Myers? or did i miss something

Dec 8th 2012, 17:12

is there such thing as a non-creepy psychopath?

• Andy85

Dec 10th 2012, 22:12

What about that fit bird from the Audition, heard she's a few sandwiches short of an hamper?

• FBLPedroza

Dec 13th 2012, 11:12

And where is Michael Myers? the one from the first film was definitely a Psycho

• Jareth64

Mar 14th 2013, 12:45

Begbie should be in the top 5.

• runawaypope

Mar 14th 2013, 15:33

Have you seriously never seen Blade Runner ? Batty is beyond creepy.

• johndevoy

Mar 14th 2013, 16:54

About Amon , yeah well beside from being a Nazi he was a an extremely brutal Nazi which IS saying a lot. He was so Nazi that even other Nazis went, 'geez he is taking this whole Nazi stuff way to seriously'. Remember when you talk of that period of time, the whole Third Reich, a lot of people were Nazis, for example both him and Oskar where members of the Nazi Party, but we all know what a good bloke Oskar is but Oskar was a 'Nazi' but you wouldn't qualify that as a psychopathic trait, I think sniping from your balcony at unarmed children would qualify Amon a bit more as a pyscho in the grand scheme of things. Cool list though, loved it. I want a list of (almost) real life pyscho's, believable ones, so to cut out the Jigsaws and Jasons, who are mad but one is pretty much undead and the other just seems that he puts way to much effort in his traps and devices to actual constitute him as a pyscho, if anything I reckon he would make a good engineer.

• johndevoy

Mar 14th 2013, 18:09

*looks at Wikipedia after someone points it out) Oh right mister Jigsaw I take that back, but can't you stop being so bloody moralising.

• DanRose

Mar 14th 2013, 23:13

Chopper Reed?

• dee123

Mar 15th 2013, 6:50

Ghostface isn't one person.

• MikeyRix

Mar 15th 2013, 9:59

"One Hour Photo"'s Sy isn't particularly psychopathic compared to the others on the list. He's more of a sad character, if anything, and the ending cements it, although it doesn't fully excuse what he did in the course of the film.

• devilsfoxes

Mar 15th 2013, 11:07

Happy to see John Bunting on here!

• ash333

Mar 15th 2013, 12:04

You used the words 'creepy' and 'psychopath' yet you didn't included Mason Verger in Hannibal, a sadistic, pig obsessed paedophille who cut off his own face and fed it to his dogs.. I suppose you can call Mickey and Mallory creepy but do they really compare?

• craigmustdie

Mar 15th 2013, 23:04

Luis Tosar's performance as César in Sleep Tight is a psycho for the ages, really hope the movie does well because it's a stunner. I'd include Martin of Martin, depends on whether you think he's a vampire or a nut-nut, but I'm of the latter opinion.

• arrizz

Mar 17th 2013, 13:16

50 Creepiest Movie Psychopaths..and no Michael Myers? Dafuq is worng with you guys?? He was a boy when he walked down the psycho road.. Killed almost of his entire family at a f*cking single night..got shot by the head..pretty much indestructible..and not even in the list?

• richardherpees

Mar 17th 2013, 20:49

probably less than half of these characters could legitimately be described as psychopaths, but it's your description of alex from a clockwork orange as an anarchist that's p****d me off. it becomes obvious early on in both the book and the film that alex is the leader of the droogs and that the gang is rigidly hierarchical, and therefore cannot be described as anarchist in nature. there are real people who are not remotely interested in causing violent disorder who are anarchists. look the word up in a dictionary before you think about using it again, please.

• loveroflostgirl

Mar 22nd 2013, 18:08

Surely Joe Pesci in Casino?, he puts a guys head in a vice for fracks sake!

• terrybernard

Mar 27th 2013, 12:29

As Rosa sa id its commandable that one can earn about $6500 in 1 month by influencing website articles on Home Profit, did you read the page wow42.com

• riaankruiwa

Jun 14th 2013, 0:30

Where's Francis Brady of The Butcher Boy?

• gyuripark

Dec 1st 2013, 9:08

Where's Kazuo Kiriyama from Battle Royale?

• bulldozer

Feb 24th 2014, 13:08

@richardherpees - Total b******t. 90% of these characters would definitely be described as psychopaths judged by their characteristics and cold-blooded, remorseless personalities. Few of the humanoid entities on the list (Krueger, Belial Bradley) I'd probably drop out in favour of more deserving names, but otherwise it's a dang great list, and the majority of the featured names are without a shadow of a doubt, examples of psychopaths. Look the word "psychopath" up before coming on this site and voicing yourself this aggressively . About Ichi the Killer, I'd rather feature Kakihara on the list. Ichi's got that murderous split personality going on, but Kakihara really suits the classic description of a full-blown psychopath with his totally cold, sadistic nature. On the other hand, I'm very glad to see Norman Stansfield featured here. Along with the likes of Patrick Bateman, he remains one of my favourite examples of a deranged psycho, willing to kill anyone who stands in his way without even raising his eyebrows.On the other hand, I'm very glad to see Norman Stansfield featured here. Along with the likes of Patrick Bateman, he remains one of my favourite examples of a deranged psycho, willing to kill anyone who stands in his way without even raising his eyebrows. If I could add somebody on this list, it'd be - without a shadow of a doubt - Indio from 'For a Few Dollars More'. He has no remorse, holds no guilt, simply gets disposed of anybody who he finds a threat. Probably one of my favourite portrayals of a more realistic psychopath.