50 Great Unproduced Movie Scripts

The Best of the Black List

Comments

• Thirith

Nov 30th 2010, 9:46

Interesting mainly for the scripts floating around out there - but otherwise I found this feature somewhat disappointing, since it mainly revolved around how to turn unfilmed scripts pretty much into This Film That Was Already Made By This Guy, And We Pretty Much Want To See The Same Thing Again. The choices all seemed to be the least inspired, least creative ones.

• BuckK

Nov 30th 2010, 12:49

This is disgraceful. What sort of scum sits around dreaming up ways to burden this world with more meidocre mind rotting filth then there already is? Your minds are weak, your souls stained and the future you paint an image more striking than any horror film to date. A future a shade less creative then the present. A world filled with dull, contrite, impersonal conforming pointless garbage thats only passion is money. Something with no other reason to exist then to perpetuate the existence of hacks. Humanity is doomed. AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• disappointed

Nov 30th 2010, 13:54

50 Original and unfilmed movie scripts that aren't sequels, remakes or reboots? And suggestions of appropriate filmmakers who could make the films awesome? Wow, why on Earth would you want to burden us with this obvious attempt to let cinemagoers know that there are still talented, creative people left in Hollywood, and that all hope is not lost amidst the 3Decline of the modern movie experience... I'm disappointed.

• lizzygilly

Nov 30th 2010, 17:06

hmm, knights sounds a lot that script round table that has been floating around for a few years, with jack black as merlin. he enlists the help of current british knights to stop morgan la fey. hilarious script, i wish it could be made.

• ellsbells623

Nov 30th 2010, 17:11

Is it just me or do the majority of these have unbelievably ridiculous titles? Maybe that contributes to their shelf life. I only made it to number 25 before I had to stop. The Trade is the only one that showed promise.

• solidgameboy12

Nov 30th 2010, 18:16

I will be honest, with the exception of some of the titles of the films (Most of them are just too ridiculous), some of these movies I would actually see. I have read more than a few on other sites that discuss black list films, but few I think have lasting appeal as much are mostly retreads of other movies. I had a problem with the directors/actors casting. I know most of it is just dreamcasting, but it seems more like painting actors (and some directors) into corners and typecasting them, and to be honest, it got kind of offense (But I digress, I would probably do the same thing too). And on one note, why hasn't someone made the Jim Henson Biopic yet? I'm tired of reading about it. I really want to see it.

• solidgameboy12

Nov 30th 2010, 18:16

• scriptguru

Nov 30th 2010, 19:09

THE DIVERSIFICATION OF NOAH MILLER was written by Adam Cole-Kelly and Sam Pitman. Not Chris Sparling. Please correct this on the website immediately.

• WhoreHeySanchez

Nov 30th 2010, 23:54

The titles of these scripts are fine. Perhaps a movie titled "Jealous Haters who will never produce anything" would be fitting for this message feed.

• WhoreHeySanchez

Nov 30th 2010, 23:54

The titles of these scripts are fine. Perhaps a movie titled "Jealous Haters who will never produce anything" would be fitting for an adaption of this message board. I for one want to see Muppet Man and Medusa! I don't understand how those aren't in production yet...?

• GabinChuck

Dec 1st 2010, 1:49

Great Unproduced Movie Script #51: "Exile on Main Street" http://chuckzigmanoverdrive.blogspot.com/2010/03/exile-on-main-street-screenplay-by.html

• filmlover

Dec 1st 2010, 21:41

I actually read the script when the blacklist was first announced and it's quite impressive. I've been wondering why nobody has done a film on such an amazing character. Hope they get this one to the big screen

• MoviesMovies15

Dec 1st 2010, 22:33

The Curse of Medusa could be a major blockbuster film I definitely would pay to see that in the movies....i think this movie will be in production soon

• WhoreHeySanchez

Dec 1st 2010, 23:37

RE: Curse of Medusa - If you think about it, she's the most powerful character in greek mythology... sure the Kraken is gigantic, but what kills the Kraken? Hmmmm.... It's a great idea to give her her own story... can't be worse than Wolverine, or other origin stories we've seen. I hope they don't focus on Perseus so much, he's SUCH a boring character... That's why Clash of the Titans got it wrong the first time, and the 2nd time.

• Siroth

Dec 5th 2010, 9:44

I'll be writing scrips soon, they are nothing at all like these I just read."Boring'' and ''uncreative'' is the last thing that anyone will say. . . .hopefully. . .

• hansbauer

May 4th 2013, 4:33

Hans Bauer (Anaconda, Highwaymen, The Flock) and Craig Mitchell (Highwaymen, The Flock) wrote the first draft screenplay based on their original pitch. Billy Ray was later hired for subsequent drafts. Should the film ever be made, it remains to be see who'll be awarded the final writing credits. Until such time, can we please stop referring to it as Motorcade by Billy Ray, and can we show at least a modicum of respect for the original creators?