50 Greatest Arnie Movie Moments

Sharp stuff from Schwarzenegger

Comments

• FILMartin

Jan 12th 2012, 8:55

#44 (shower with son): I remember that scene for å shole other reason. While in there he's quoting a scene from "Macbeth" ... By Shakespeare ... Arnold Schwarzenegger is quoting Shakespeare. Now that's a great Arnie moment. A caring firefighting father who likes clasical litterature.

• Bandit1

Jan 12th 2012, 9:17

I also like the moment in "Running Man" where he stabs the pen into the back of "that guy" after signing the paper.

• MisterAmj

Jan 12th 2012, 10:27

I'm pretty sure Total Film absolutely hated number 24 (Thumbs Up) form T2, calling it one of the most cheesy moments in movies ever. Sigh. Great list otherwise :)

• ChrisWootton

Jan 12th 2012, 10:30

Number 33 is really a "greatest Rob Bottin moment" really. Actually the thumbs up scene in Terminator 2 almost ruins the whole movie for me.

• 2Dglasses

Jan 12th 2012, 11:12

No "put that cookie down-NOW!" from jingle all the way? His entire accent in Red Heat? i maintain that arnies films, while cheesy and predictable, will be remembered far better than e.g vin diesels. with arnie you went just because it was him decimating goons while saying badass things in a funny voice. and yes (last action hero, jingle, expendables), he was in on the joke too. Introducing Abadah....

• SiMan

Jan 12th 2012, 13:27

How about towards the end of Eraser where Arnie picks up two of the big giant Rail-Guns that us less mortals would struggle to carry just one of. Also, isn't the "come with me if you want to live" line more to emphasis the fact that he is now taking the role of the protector from Kyle Reese who uttered the exact same line to her in the first film?

• Poekie

Jan 12th 2012, 14:01

I'm a big True lies fan, so I'm a bit disappointed at the two things on this list. What about the torturer-truth serum scene, where he describes what he'll do to escape or the one when he get's a transcript of a tap on his wife's phone, one page is missing 'GIMME THE GODD#$M PAGE' whilst punching through a car window, or the one where he's on a horse chasing the baddy and keeps apologising to everything and everyone? :(

• JohnJDuffy

Jan 12th 2012, 19:49

There's so many "Get to da Chopper" from Predator, "Get your a*s to Mars" Total Recall, Buzzsaw "This saw is a part of me, now it's about to become a part of you" Ben Richards "Thats alright keep it" as he saws Buzzsaws bits in half, Running Man, "Hey light bulb head, over here Christmas tree" Running Man, "There's innocent women and children down there. All they want is some foods for godsakes" Running Man. His drunk acting in Conan The Destroyer. Many many more but I'd be here all night

• jeffamania

Jan 12th 2012, 20:00

Great Article These are 10 top scenes for me not mentioned in the article 1. Pumping Iron - That bit about the 'King of the Hill' 2. True Lies - Arnie kept on apologizing to different people 3.Terminator Salvation - Arnie's cameo which was the best thing about the movie and a great way to roll back the years 4. Red Heat - Opening Spa scenes in Red Heat made me start working out as a kid - not that it did me much good. I still carry on this spare tyre around my waist 5. Batman and Robin - 'You want send me to the cooler' -- his scenes were sooo bad, that its sooo good. 6.True Lies - from the torture scene to the bridge is out - best action ever on celluloid 7. Twins - big grin on his face as Arnie loses his virginity 8. Conan the Barbarian - Sex scence with the witch where Arnie gives it to her sooo good, she transforms to evil b***h in the bliss of her organism 9. Eraser - Arnie takes out a Jumbo jet when dangling from his parachute. 10. Junior - Pregnant Arnie in Drag - dont really like the movie or the scene, just thot I'd mention it ;)

• GarthMarenghi

Jan 13th 2012, 0:02

This is wonderful, thank you. Can't imagine anyone dedicating a feature like this to Colin Farrell in twenty years time (say no to remakes!!). And I'm amazed people are complaining about the inclusion of the 'thumbs up' bit in T2 - if you didn't get misty-eyed over that, you have no soul.

• sxemata

Jan 13th 2012, 3:12

• sxemata

Jan 13th 2012, 3:17

• JohnJDuffy

Jan 13th 2012, 10:26

TF can you please follow this with a Segal and JCVD list please

• Mattsimus

Jan 16th 2012, 0:02

Always thought Conan The Barbarian, was the most underated epic ever, even the soundtrack was excellent prob just as good if not better than the LOTR Score!!! Glad ......................he's back, havnt seen a real action hero in a while!