50 Greatest Road Movies

Get behind the wheel and go for a spin

Latest News

Comments

Oct 8th 2012, 8:15

Good list, although I would have replaced Road Trip with Wendy and Lucy or the brilliant Fandango. Road trip is not the greatest of anything.

• Bandit1

Oct 8th 2012, 9:58

Nice list. A lot of all-time favorites of mine (nice to see "Midnight Run" rated that high). Of course I would rate "Smokey and the Bandit" a lot higher....a lot. And also "Sideways". Some I missed here that might fit this category: "Sugerland Express", "Joy Ride", "The Getaway", "Cannonball" (from '76), "Gumball Rally" and "Convoy".

• apo1978

Oct 8th 2012, 12:58

"Max Mad 2"? Never heard of that one ;-)

• CaptainCrazy

Oct 8th 2012, 14:32

I didnt check each one so tell me if Coupe de Ville is in there somewhere. If not, then shame you TF, shame on you. No, I'm off to do something constructive. *picks nose*

• davidspodak

Oct 8th 2012, 15:47

Glad to see Badlands here, one of my favorites ever (not just road) and still Malick's best in my opinion. Davd

• Crispy92

Oct 8th 2012, 23:49

Good list, but what about Jeepers Creepers and Transamerica.

• luke22

Oct 9th 2012, 10:39

I agree with 'Easy Rider' being at 1...... but 'the motorcycle diaries' should of been in the top 5!

Oct 9th 2012, 21:28

Hey you forgot Braveheart.. that is Jonathan Ross's favourite Road movie. :D

• bluebaldur

Oct 10th 2012, 9:58

Simon, I can not believe that you forgot one of the greatest movies ever seen on screen, and certainly the greatest road movie ever made: Fellinis "La Strada"!

• vinimanso

Jan 30th 2013, 13:14

I missed "Into the Wild", a great road movie, and Almost Famous, one of the best movies directed by Cameron Crowe.

• tomprovost

May 31st 2013, 18:34

Just stumbled across this. Excellent list.. save where is Paper Moon?? One of the best road movies of all time.

• mazharkhattak

Feb 7th 2014, 1:20

midnight run is the best among all......but can somebody tell me why scarecrow 1973 is not in the list.....it should be included and ranked 2nd...

• dannorik

Feb 8th 2014, 20:40

Any road movie list without Pee Wee's Big Adventure is pure b******t.