50 Movie Inventions We Want To Buy

You won’t find these on eBay…

Latest News

Comments

• Bandit1

Sep 28th 2012, 8:00

Fun list, of course there's endless gadgets or inventions in movies...but a good selection, TF. I was happy to see the Proton Pack...always wanted one. And the DeLorean was a deserved first place. Invisibility Serum or a cloaking device would be heaven for stalkers (...I guess everybody would become one anyway...). Zorg's gun from "5th Element" would be pretty fun too, especially the self-seeking bullets with replay function (be aware of the red button though)

• joshwinning

Sep 28th 2012, 9:04

@Bandit1 - The gloves in M:I - Ghost Protocol were also pretty nifty.

• thedanieljson

Sep 28th 2012, 9:28

I've not seen Rocky IV. There's a robot in it? What?

Sep 28th 2012, 10:03

I think the TARDIS would be preferable over Bill and TEds 'homaged' (ie Ripped-off) telephone box.

• SiMan

Sep 28th 2012, 13:01

I'd take a light-sabre over any item on this list any day. Even if you had no-one to fight you'd be whipping out all over the place....Fwah-shoom (that was a lightsabre noise by the way). If you have $55,000 spare as well, you can get yourself one item on this list; http://www.thatswhyimbroke.com/geek/tron-light-cycle/

• joshwinning

Sep 28th 2012, 13:17

@SiMan - Time to start hunting down the back of the sofa.

• Jeffbiscuits

Sep 28th 2012, 14:57

Did Cage and Travolta actually sway faces back after Face/Off? Maybe they just swapped careers.

• Jeffbiscuits

Sep 28th 2012, 14:58

swap*

• wibble

Sep 28th 2012, 16:49

I seem to recall the the transporter in Star Trek: The Motion Picture wasn't so reliable and a couple of people snuffed it trying to board the Enterprise, so I'll take the shuttle. Also, cool as the image processing gadget was in Blade Runner, it wasn't as good as an invention as the Replicants (just don't ask them about their mothers).

• SiMan

Sep 28th 2012, 17:13

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I've always wondered, if someone were to actually figure out how to really make any of these items the way they were fictionalised as working, would there be a copyright issue? Could George Lucas sue someone who made a real LightSabre the way that the Star Wars films said they'd work? I assume the names are covered, or can you not trademark an item in a movie/book?

• Jeffbiscuits

Sep 29th 2012, 13:22

Liam Neeson's fake skin from Darkman was a pretty cool invention.

• dangoodfellow

Sep 29th 2012, 17:45

i've been wearing my They Live glasses since '94, they only side effects are a mild headache and a tendency to shout at the television during the ad breaks.

Sep 30th 2012, 17:26

I have saw a steampunk R2D2 on the net. Want x100!

• Hotspur1882

Oct 2nd 2012, 16:17

Isn't the shot for #42 Blade Runner of the Voight Kampff and not the Esper Photo Analyser? And I guess to be even more pedantic, isn't #30 Mission: Impossible in fact showing the wrong picture, not only in a moment where traffic light gum was not used but also from the wrong episode in the frachise? Other than that, good job!! :)