50 Movies That Used Recycled Movie Footage

Shots and scenes to cause cinema déjà vu

Comments

• Bandit1

Oct 7th 2013, 11:04

Well, Disney copied itself so many times you could easily do a Top-50 list of them alone. Since MacGyver is here, I would add "JAG" and "Knight Rider"...both recycled many many scenes from movies. Love Knight Rider though...

• aberis

Oct 7th 2013, 12:04

#22 "Surely there isn't a more recognisable character sound effect" ... how about the "Wilhelm scream"

• chucksandstorm

Oct 7th 2013, 12:06

The DNA bonding sequence in Spider-man has some shots from Raimi's Darkman

• aberis

Oct 7th 2013, 12:09

If you want to talk about re-using footage, how about Batman & Robin re-using footage from .... Batman & Robin. The part with Robin coming out of Poison Ivy's pool/pond is the footage of him falling in reversed.

• SiMan

Oct 7th 2013, 12:58

As there's a few tv shows on here, thought i'd add 24 to the list. In series 4, there's a bit where a fighter plane shoots down Air Force One. From then on, whenever they needed a shot of a Fighter jet or a close up of the pilot (which actually happened ridiculously frequently), they re-used that same footage of the plane from series 4.

• AvatarIII

Oct 7th 2013, 13:49

Interesting that Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid was listed, but not Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, which used a similar technique

• preachypreach

Oct 7th 2013, 14:46

i cringe every time i hear a wilhelm scream. bleeeuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhh.

• mid9e77

Oct 7th 2013, 17:23

more audio getting re-used should include the Germanic war chant at the beginning of gladiator, it was lifted straight out of Zulu.

• tommyflaherty

Oct 7th 2013, 22:01

On #44, you talk about how footage from Episode I was used for Episode II but the screen car you use is from Episode III. Just thought someone should know, lol.

• Jareth64

Oct 8th 2013, 11:57

When I was younger I used to hear that scream a lot and I knew something was up. About 5 years ago I discovered it was the Wilhelm Scream. Problem solved.

• dalebiskit

Oct 9th 2013, 23:52

*aerial.

Oct 10th 2013, 8:32

when are they going to make an Airwolf movie? Gosh darn it,

• nostrebornod

Oct 10th 2013, 18:51

My son noticed the "Wilhelm Scream" was reused in some shows when he was 9, it's that prevalent. I agree with @preachypreach, I find the moment I'm watching a movie or TV show and I hear that scream, it instantly cheapens it for me. I hate it.

• jramjee

Oct 11th 2013, 16:17

Excluded from this list is Kick-a*s which recycles music from 28 Days Later and Sunshine.

• cinerama

Oct 11th 2013, 22:24

HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE (1953) used at least one indoor set that was also used in THE ROBE.- - both made in the same year. I first spotted this way back in 1953.

• RobWinton

Oct 12th 2013, 9:07

How about: The opening credits of Star Trek: Enterprise reusing footage from the take off of Apollo 13 from the movie Apollo 13?

• mimran

Oct 12th 2013, 10:19

Michael Carlisle ???????? My husband works from home. it's saved United States of America virtually thousands of greenbacks in travel expenses. as a result of he will work for anyplace there's a reliable net affiliation, we have a tendency to were ready to stick with my mother once the death of my stepparent while not my husband desirous to take vacation time. .>>> .............. W­W­W.ℳ­a­x­6­8.ℂ­ℴ­ℳ

• edrhodes

Oct 22nd 2013, 22:36

Robin Hood also recycled from well, Robin Hood. Early in the film, Maid Marian is playing with the children and kisses the boy rabbit who's wearing Robin's hat. This causes the rest of the children to giggle uncontrollably. Later, during the party sequence, while Baloo and Lady Cluck are dancing, there's a quick shot of the children laughing at them and it's the same shot darkened for night effect. Also, The Incredible Hulk did an episode where Bruce Banner has to land a Jumbo Jet, the actual landing footage, including the plane smashing a building came from Airport '75. (Which, oddly enough I saw playing on another channel at the same time!)

• FBYBrown

Jan 18th 2014, 3:35

I recognized the pterodactyl in "Citizen Kane," but had no idea it was lifted from "Son of Kong." My mind is blown for the day.