50 Strangest Censored Movie Lines

What the f***?

Latest News

Comments

• Surfscoter

May 21st 2013, 10:34

Strictly speaking not a censorship change this, but one movie that deserves - nay, needs - to be on this list is Demolition Man! "In the future, all restaurants are Taco Bell, right? Wrong! A product placement deal must have changed, because there is an edited version for some non-american markets in which "All restaurants are PIZZA HUT!" First off, Sly's dub seems to have been taped while he was asleep - at least it stands out like a sore thumb. Second, when one knows the original and is aware of the whole Taco Bell situation, this change is simply the weirdest thing ever the first time you see it!

• kardom10

May 21st 2013, 11:43

I remember recording Die Hard off ITV many, many years ago. The editing/censoring of it made it one of the most watched VHS in the collection. Firstly they cut out some of the F words but not all of them, obviously the ITV bod who previewed the film was less upset with certain contexts!! But the best bit was when John finds Hans looking for the explosives and detonators. Hans pretends to be Bill Clay and John gives him a gun. Hans pulls the trigger and there were no bullets. John says Oops no bullets do you think I'm F****ng stupid Hans. They kept the line in tact but changes John's voice to a mixture of Arnie in Predator and jean paul Gaultier, very odd and very funny

• BenTramer

May 21st 2013, 12:15

In The Cannonball Run, Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise get the idea to drive an ambulance in the race. When they ask a medic if the ambulance can go fast, he replies "you can go through traffic like s**t through a goose in this thing." It ended up being: "you can go through traffic like shot through a gun in this thing." In Beverly Hills Cop TV version, the word "b******t" was changed to "bulldish", whatever a bulldish is.

• liamscott

May 21st 2013, 12:38

If anybodys interest about this you watch the documentary cleanflix

• apo1978

May 21st 2013, 13:10

Another Robocop one here. Pretty sure when I saw the TV version the guy robbing the convenience store shouts, "Forget you" repeatedly at Robo (just before he bends his gun and throws him into the chiller). Thank you for your co-operation, good night!

• SiMan

May 21st 2013, 13:14

Maybe its because i don't actually watch movies on tv as much, but they seemed to be a bit more leniant with what they show nowadays. One that always puzzled me was the tv version of Arnie's 'Eraser' actually had MORE bits of violence in than the edited DVD release.

• BPCSlave

May 21st 2013, 13:15

The two Casino scenes are causing problems with the URLS... and the Something about Mary scene? The term "Frank and beans" is used as an unusual euphemism in the same scene, and the brother does actually start chanting it anyway. Best one not on here? Ghostbusters: "This man is some kind of rodent, I don't know which."

May 21st 2013, 13:40

In the words of Flight of the Conchords " Too many mudda uckers..uckin' with my sheee"

• JohnJDuffy

May 21st 2013, 17:53

apo1978 another one from Robocop but I do like it when Dick Jones calls the cocky young upstart a mothercrusher

• dojj singh

May 21st 2013, 20:10

Die Hard was "yippie ki ya kimosabe" when i was it lol

• FBCWillmott

May 21st 2013, 22:09

I remember the Die Hard Kimosabe lol, but even better was the Robocop ITV ersion shown after the 9 oc lock watershed but still went, "Once I even called him Airhead!" hahahaha

• PiedPiper

May 21st 2013, 22:28

I don't know if this counts but I've seen both the American and English versions of Robots. In the American version, the character with quite a large bum is called Aunt Fan.ny. I couldn't believe my ears when Fender shouted it out. Thankfully, it was changed in the English version to Aunt Fan.

• DravenCage

May 21st 2013, 22:28

The one that always stuck in my mind, again from Die Hard, was when McLane's most famous line was redubbed to be "Yippee-ki-yay, muddy-funsters!".

• BobTheSkull

May 21st 2013, 23:26

Every version of tv Ghostbusters I've seen it was dubbed 'we kicked it's butt'. Hmmm. Oh well.

• Devilangeldude

May 22nd 2013, 14:32

The original line in Casino is wrong: The actual line was: "f**k me? f**k me? You m**********r, f**k my mother is that what you're saying to me..."

• TheZach

May 22nd 2013, 16:34

You know, the censored lines aren't strange at all -- which is what the title article suggests -- but what they were changed to are. So, yeah, Total Film, you need someone in your office who knows grammar. And what sentences mean.

• henryjr

May 22nd 2013, 19:14

surprised at the lack of die hard's infamous alternate 'melon farmers,' i meean seriously, it's like the most commonly known example

• DrSax

May 23rd 2013, 12:42

endofdays - I do believe you're refering to Harry Enfield's 'Badfellas': "No, I didn't *fun* your wife" Surely the best is from Scarface - "Where'd you get that scar? Eating pineapple?"

• biggovtgop

May 25th 2013, 11:47

You are missing one of the oddest ones. Changing the word "f**k" isn't that weird. In "What about Bob?" they changed 'Tourette's Syndrome' to 'Buddy's Disease'. I have a tough time understanding why.