Best & Worst: Johnny Depp

The Rango star's highs and lows

Latest News

Comments

• elleisfor

Mar 3rd 2011, 12:53

Genuinely quite shocked Blow is in worst, I liked that film.

• d606w0

Mar 3rd 2011, 14:20

Blow?? Are you insane??

• blackrainpr

Mar 3rd 2011, 15:03

i really liked secret window i don't this is a worst!

• Porkchopexpress

Mar 3rd 2011, 18:19

Totally agree with 'Blow', it was at best average and not exactly riveting cinema, I think perhaps while Depp's supporting turn is worthwhile mentioning in 'Platoon' I think TF have been a bit generous in the importance of Lerner's significance to the main story. He was just the gentle interpreter? Not exactly a rebel without a cause. Also no 'Cry Baby'? I loved that! I think..

• Tomevo95

Mar 3rd 2011, 18:57

No way should alice in wonderland and imaginarum of dr parnassus classed as worst. They were both great films and Johnny Depp was amazing as The Mad Hatter. Other than that though you got it spot on.

• Ichi1

Mar 3rd 2011, 20:38

Wow.....Charlie and the Chocolate factory on best and Bennie & June on the worst? Surely that is a mistake.

• mrblonde

Mar 4th 2011, 0:07

I think Depp is a fantastic actor who has given some incredible performances over the years. It's amazing looking at this list, just how many films he has been in! I personally liked Blow and thought Depp was really good in it. Besides that though, I think everything else on the list is right. I hope Depp decides to take on more serious roles in future though, along the lines of Donnie Brasco and Public Enemies, even though he plays crazy and macabre roles extremely well IMO.

• Toph80

Mar 4th 2011, 1:47

Not a bad list, some i've never seen, though heard of. But how about 'From Hell' or 'Sleepy Hollow' ?? Both surely should have been in there some where?? hopefully on the best side as apposed to the worst.

• joker16

Mar 4th 2011, 20:52

Alice in Wonderland is definitely a BEST.

• jceaser

Mar 7th 2011, 0:17

have to agree, where is sleepy hollow ?

• patches89

Mar 8th 2011, 2:00

i liked secret window and pirates 1-3...sweeney todd is awful

• timbot

Apr 24th 2011, 17:51

good list but feells a bit empty without sleepy holly in which Depp gave a hilariously of centre performance as the hero come coward ichabot crane I would also have donnie brascoe far higher up the list as it proves he can act with the best of em. I might be one of the few but I find the ninth gate immensly enjoyable load of tosh