Best & Worst: Mel Gibson

From Mad Max to Casper…

Comments

• BobbyTwoTimes

Jun 17th 2011, 10:29

Payback was a great film - loaded with style and a total cool cast. Definitely doesn't deserve to be on the Worst list above Thunderdome! And it seems to me that critics always say Lethal Weapon 4 was s**t just on principal. Most fans of the series think it's a decent film - better than #3 I would say. p.s. Signs was s**t!!!!

• durden

Jun 17th 2011, 11:28

Payback is on the worst list and Signs on the Best list?!Really, Total Film?!?Really?!

• a7sox

Jun 17th 2011, 11:59

No "Maverick" for a best?

• ASmileSoDevious

Jun 17th 2011, 12:26

Casper??? Is it really worth being added to this list seeing as he is in it for about 3 seconds? Plus I agree with the above regarding Payback.

• Ichi1

Jun 17th 2011, 15:36

Number 1 and 21 are the reasons I will always forgive Mel Gibson for pretty much anything he does offscreen. I don't care what he says or who he hates. As long as he isn't killing people or beating up women, he is still awesome in book. Long live Max Rockatansky!

Jun 17th 2011, 18:10

He was great in Chicken Run and Apocalypto was all kinds of awesome, hopefully he will cameo in Fury Road,

• firas76

Jun 17th 2011, 19:05

Yeah where is Maverick!!! Among his best work. And Payback was rather good I think!!!

• firas76

Jun 17th 2011, 19:23

Edge Of Darkness, was a good movie maybe some thought it was in the same category or some of his older parts ...But he was a great father on a mission

• SteveMcc

Jun 17th 2011, 22:57

'Lethal Weapon 2' not in the best section!?! I prefer it to the first....but then again thats just me and although I think he is a poor excuse of a man from his recent outbursts! my love of both the first 2 'Mad Max' and 'Lethal Weapon' films does almost make up for it though! Great actor

• dex2010

Jun 18th 2011, 2:04

I thought Edge Of Darkness was a good movie , Wouldnt have it as bad Gibson, Best 3 , 1 Lethal Weapon,2 Braveheart, 3 Signs.Overall a true star!

• FBAMeah

Jun 18th 2011, 3:04

This list is a joke. You miss out 'Lethal Weapon 2' , 'The Man Without A Face', 'Ransom', 'Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome' , 'Maverick' & 'The River' for his Best. You put 'Edge of Darkness' & 'Payback' that should be included in his best. You put 'Casper' & 'Fairytale' that are nothing more then cameos and shouldn't even be on the list. Especially when you leave out 'We Were Soldiers', 'What Women Want', 'The Patriot', 'Conspiracy Theory' & 'Bird on a Wire' off the list.

• Porkchopexpress

Jun 18th 2011, 15:52

I disagree about 'Payback', at the time, it was a hard faced revenge film that pulled no punches and made no apologies about Porter giving no mercy. But I agree with 'Signs' it's a great performance and a family centred piece which just happens to have an alien invasion as a near sub-plot in relation to Gibson's character coming to terms with family, faith, grief and loss. 'Bird On A Wire' and 'What Women Want' were a**e gravy, but I imagine I wasn't the target audience for that last one. I don't know why people get so annoyed over these features, it's a writer's opinion and never claims to be exhaustive, it creates a forum for discussion. :)

• firas76

Jun 19th 2011, 16:54

It should have been a "Best and Best" list call me a total Gibson fool and bised, But I have never seen a bad preformance from Mel, I mean he could have been in an okay, not a top movie but his role has always been a great actor.

• scottythetim

Jun 21st 2011, 9:57

I agree with the others, you seem out of touch with film fans on this, Payback was a great film and lethal weapon 4 while not outstanding was still great fun, casper seems a bit desperate too, i mean your rating him on a cameo, wee bit sad guys, and i think most of the females i know love forever young