Best & Worst: Movie Spoofs

Not Another Scary Movie...

Comments

• Toursiveu

Jul 14th 2010, 11:57

To keep up with the releases of the time, Meet the Spartans was translated as "Spartatouille" in French-speaking countries. Dracula : Dead and Loving It... Had seen it when it was released, thought it was very poor. Then I saw it again on DVD a few months ago and I was surprised to find it very decent. The lab scene alone was worth the price. The only redeeming feature of Scary Movie 3 & 4 was... Leslie Nielsen as the President. But how could you forget two of the best spoofs ever made? Hot Shots! and Hot Shots! Part Deux?...

Jul 14th 2010, 12:53

You missed out one of the funniest...Top Secret! The platform scene is a classic! Theres this bit where the camera is zoomed tight on a convoy of nazi vehicles turning to leave the compound, it zooms out to reveal the same 3 vehicles going around in circles! Still cracks me up to this day!

• apo1978

Jul 14th 2010, 13:15

Shanghai Noon a spoof??? I would never consider it one, personally...

• DreamMyLifeAway

Jul 14th 2010, 13:51

Uhm, isn't it Owen Wilson in Shanghai Noon? Not Luke Wilson.

• squirebrown

Jul 14th 2010, 21:13

Ok list but the Brady Bunch movie is excellent - definitely needs the writer to have another watch

• flippant

Jul 14th 2010, 21:15

Spaceballs...good??? Arrgghh. I actually paid to see it first run, on the strength of Brooks' prior flix like Young Frankenstein, and in a cliche just like too many in the movie, that's time I can never get back. The only good part is the Chuck Jones homage at the end. Sorry, you missed on that one.

• dkjm74

Jul 14th 2010, 23:57

The best recent spoof was the great BLACK DYNAMITE a real lesson in how to do a spoof of a single genre in a smart, consistently funny way without falling back on pop culture gags - deserves to be seen by more people so if you haven't seen it get a copy!

• Giles83

Jul 15th 2010, 4:19

Don't forget: Hotshots Loaded Weapon Austin Powers (all 3) Young Frankenstein Airplane 2 Pirhana Return of the living dead (Come on, a zombie MJ people!) Even though I enjoyed Shanghi Noon I wouldn't class it as a spoof.

• thegedman

Jul 15th 2010, 9:02

And dont forget The Three Amigos

• thegedman

Jul 15th 2010, 9:09

dont forget The three amigos

• chrisb1983

Jul 15th 2010, 10:41

I WANT TO SEE BLACK DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!

• Ichi1

Jul 15th 2010, 15:54

I agree with dkjm74. Black Dynamite is the friggin' best.

• Smokinator

Jul 19th 2010, 17:22

the scary movie are pretty funny. its all the others that suck.

• FranJester

Jul 12th 2011, 11:16

I actually liked Not Another Teen Movie! Atleast it stuck to what it was spoofing and didn't go off on random tangents (ie. Disaster Movie which was awful)!