Seth MacFarlane, Oscar Host: The Good, The Bad, The Offensive

Catch up on the Family Guy man’s night in charge

Comments

Feb 25th 2013, 19:08

I think the good outweighed the bad, you can't expect him to keep hitting the bullseye over a course of 4 boring hours. The Oscar hosts are usually dry anyway, he was better than Franco and Hathaway, Ellen Degeneres, Alec Baldwin.

• Bandit1

Feb 26th 2013, 11:39

I loved the Boob Song...maybe a low shot, but a funny one!

• moviemind91

Feb 26th 2013, 15:19

I thought MacFarlane did a superb job hosting the Oscars. There were a couple of jokes that didn't work but c'mon most of the jokes got big laughs. I was a big fan of the Sound of Music gag and I can't believe some critics didn't get the reference. Hosting on your own is very tough and I think it's better when they have someone there to help keep the jokes coming.Him and Emma Stone would have been great doing it together but overall I was very happy how the night turned out and I would love Seth to host the Oscars again sometime in the future. I've had the boob song in my head for two days straight now!

Feb 26th 2013, 16:33

This was the first Oscars since John Stewart hosted that I enjoyed, Seth was alot ballsier than I was expecting.

• BRoyJenkins

Feb 26th 2013, 19:42

Yeah, these guys are right; Seth MacFarlane was AWESOME. Mocking singers for their weight, making women look like cretins and saying all black people look the same is HILARIOUS. Plus, that song and dance at the end, where the camera wouldn't cut to the audience because everyone was secretly leaving? AMAZING. And how glad are we all that that bit with Captain Old from Star Trek went on for ages? Like, so ages that you started to forget the ceremony was even about the Oscars, and started to think it was a really dreadful Seth MacFarlane variety hour? Anyway, f*****g awful.

• meestersicko

Feb 27th 2013, 20:44

Guess I saw a different show. I thought he was atrocious. You can be as offensive as you like, as long as you're funny. He wasn't. Plus, I HATE when people laugh at their own jokes. He could barely contain the laughter over his own "jokes". I half expected Drew Carey to come onstage so we could see who laughed loudest at their own jokes. Please Academy, for the love of dog, get a REAL host!! Open the vault and get Steve Martin back.