The 26 Greatest Movie Putdowns

Insult your friends the film way...

Latest News

Comments

• GrandiaKnight

Mar 15th 2010, 12:59

Forgot about The Rock one. Not really a putdown but still a decent inspiring line. I remember seeing it the first time. I couldn't believe James Bond was swearing!

• parkerwest5179

Mar 15th 2010, 13:23

Where on Earth is Glengarry Glen Ross? "f**k YOU! That's my name."

• parkerwest5179

Mar 15th 2010, 13:25

Where on Earth is Glengarry Glen Ross? "F**K YOU! That's my name."

• DaleyKRO

Mar 15th 2010, 13:36

"You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity." Where is it?!?!?!?!?!

• jasminaz02

Mar 15th 2010, 14:39

Great number 1,although I would have gone with the famous Full Metal Jacket quote

• ChrisWootton

Mar 15th 2010, 16:59

"You ain't leading but two things right now. Jack and s**t.... jacks left town." Should be in there somewhere.

• namedropper

Mar 15th 2010, 20:11

I seem to remember reading that R. Lee Ermey got the job as Gunnery Sgt. Hartman as he really had been a US Marine and was able to swear for 10 minutes without repeating himself and half way during his rant Kubrick had to ask someone what a "reach around" was.

• thejonner

Mar 15th 2010, 22:27

What about almost everything that fell out of Ben Kingsley's mouth in Sexy Beast?

• bentgaga

Mar 15th 2010, 23:42

I would rather watch "Beautician And The Beast". I would rather listen to Fran Drescher for eight hours than have to listen to Michael McDonald. Nothin' against him, but if I hear "Yah Mo B There" one more time, "Yah Mo" burn this place to the ground.

• andyprice

Mar 16th 2010, 13:20

"You are so mercifully free from the ravishes of intelligence" David Warner, Time Bandits

• durden

Mar 18th 2010, 19:21

great list!!although,glengarry glen ross should be in there somewhere...

• Sproutacus

Mar 20th 2010, 20:39

I know it won't count as it's a deleted scence but Ralph Fiennes from 'In Bruges' again with... "If I wanted a conversation with a c*nt I'd of gone to the conversation with a c*nt shop"

• metalgatesolid

Mar 20th 2010, 21:29

Dodgeball has many great putdowns "Your about as usefull as a c**k flavoured lollipop". Classic

• TheShamrock

Apr 6th 2010, 9:23

Big Trouble In Little China - Gracie Law: "I'd go with you but..." Jack Burton: "I know, there's a problem with your face!" Classic! By the way, its not Snipe's character who says the 'can' line from White Men Cant Jump, its his skinny pal.

• heelsgone

May 22nd 2010, 20:50

morpheus - stop trying to hit me and hit me

• sampout

Sep 21st 2010, 14:06

It has to be closer - 'Thankyou...now f**k off and Die'!!

• jws1272

Dec 23rd 2010, 9:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSEYXWmEse8 This clip contains most of the putdowns featured in this story and some that y'all said they forgot. ENJOY!!! Warning: the clip is DEFINITELY NSFW!!!!