The 9 Funniest TV Movie Censor Moments

Bring on the muddy funsters...

Latest News

Comments

• mrbong

Feb 4th 2010, 10:27

another gem is the whole TV version of Midnight Run - "i'll stab you in the neck with this BROKEN pencil". also, as i recall, the makers of Beverly Hills Cop reshot some scenes specifically for the TV version?

• BenCh

Feb 4th 2010, 10:32

there's probably an idea in flipping this and INSERTING swear words in perfectly safe dialogue... i might give youtube a call.

• evs75

Feb 4th 2010, 12:27

I always liked (or disliked rather) what they did to Ghostbusters for TV. Venkman saying "yes it's true...this man has no twinkie (rather than d*ck)" and also "I've seen stuff (s*it) that will turn you white" from Winston.

• ChrisWootton

Feb 4th 2010, 12:35

Ha, I remember the Ghostbusters one. The tv version of Aliens is always worth a laugh especially for Hudson's "Ffffrrrriiiiiiigggin A". Although my favorite has always been from Lethal Weapon: "That's a real badge, I'm a real cop and this is a real Firing Gun" Classic

• scarter2000

Feb 4th 2010, 19:03

It sounds more like 'Monkey Fightin' Snakes' than 'Monkeyfied Snakes'...

• DazedConfused

Feb 4th 2010, 19:42

On Tarantino's Cameo I like how they cut out every word apart from "n****r" I'm guessing this was Alabama Bible Belt prime time viewing then eh?

• DazedConfused

Feb 4th 2010, 19:43

Why would you even bother screening Pulp Fiction if swearing was an issue to the network or Audience?

• chocolateleaky1

Feb 4th 2010, 20:14

One of my favourites is Galaxy Quest - Sigourney Weaver has to go through a corridor with chompers and her reaction when seeing them is 'Well f**k that!!' but she is dubbed as saying 'stuff that!!' does not really have as much punch, brilliant all the same.

• manfromthezoo

Feb 5th 2010, 12:32

Marvellous, ChrisWootton - I thought I was the person that remembered ITV's 'Friggin' A' gem. If I recall correctly, it was dubbed with a pretty ropey accent too. Someone once told me - and I'm not sure of the authenticity, here - that he saw a TV butchered cut of 'The Terminator' back in the day. At the climatic moment when Connor crushes said 'bot in the press, 'You're terminated, f***er' got replaced with 'You're terminated CRUSHER'. Hhhmm. Images of poor Wesley from Star Trek plagued me for years.

• DrSax

Feb 5th 2010, 13:09

I always enjoyed Samuel L's cameo in Coming To America. It was made even better when the BBC edited it for TV with the immortal line "Forget you!" BenCH - I'll flip you and insert a swear in your tube in a minute.

• BenCh

Feb 5th 2010, 13:14

@DrSax fancy a drink?

• ChrisWootton

Feb 5th 2010, 13:15

Yeah the accent sounded absolutely nothing like Bill Paxton. The whole thing was hilarious, I seem to recall a really upbeat Vasquez informing the crew that they have 7 canisters of CM20, and that they should nerve gas the whole 'damn' nest. Priceless

• ChrisWootton

Feb 5th 2010, 13:18

The greatest moment though has to be Bruce Willis in the tv version of Die Hard: "Yippe kay yee Kemosabe"

• DrSax

Feb 5th 2010, 13:36

Maybe after...

• callumoakabywright

Feb 5th 2010, 14:28

You see what happens? YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MEET A STRANGER IN THE ALPS!!! Big Lebowski censor! thats Meeting funny!

• micdog2001

Feb 5th 2010, 18:35

What a stupid sniper in Resident Evil. He aims for the head when he is shooting run of the mill zombies but when a giant "motivator" comes he tries shooting it in the chest. Moron.

• micdog2001

Feb 5th 2010, 19:02

I liked the censored line from Independance day. Jeff Goldblum asks Will Smith "Can you really fly this thing?" and Smith replies "can you really do all that buuuuuuulllllll you just said?"

• ValerieC

Feb 23rd 2010, 21:52

My favorite is The Departed. "I'm not a *fricken* cop!"

• DanRose