The Greatest Movies Of The Decade

Vote now... And see our choices.

As the noughties sign off, totalfilm.com is asking a simple - but contentious - question...

What are the greatest movies of the decade?

We've made up our minds (see the Total Film staff and writers' lists here). Now tell us your picks using the form below. (The films must have been released in the UK between 2000-2009).

Get your Top Three away to us before Monday December 14th.

Discuss/argue/scoff about the choices via our Twitter feed and Facebook fan page.

The results will be published on the site sometime over Christmas - with the best comments/justifications/insults highlighted and linked.

And look out for the unmissable end-of-decade special issue of Total Film Magazine, out on Thursday December 17th...

Comments

• mchops

Nov 27th 2009, 23:07

what a tough 3 choices. no email replies for comments?

• ArielALB

Nov 28th 2009, 3:29

The Dark Knight, No Country for Old Men, Zodiac.. and a few more, like The Bourne Ultimatum, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, etc

• tbhall

Nov 28th 2009, 5:38

Eternal Sunshine, Let The Right One In, Lost In Translation. In that order.

• joker16

Nov 28th 2009, 16:21

There Will Be Blood, Kill Bill, Collateral or Inglourious Basterds.

• 7149Peter

Nov 29th 2009, 12:37

Damn! I forgot Oldboy. Anyway my pick would have been. There will be blood, Oldboy and Downfall. In that order you should make a regret button. Empire has them sometimes (but you are still way better than them. I’m still not over their terrible cinema’s 1001 greatest moments list)

• tygear34

Nov 29th 2009, 17:16

I couldn't just pick three, so I had to vote twice. There Will Be Blood Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Pan's Labyrinth WALL-E Punch-Drunk Love Away We Go

• tygear34

Nov 29th 2009, 17:18

Couldn't pick only three, so I had to vote twice. There Will Be Blood Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Pan's Labyrinth WALL-E Punch-Drunk Love Away We Go

Nov 29th 2009, 17:53

Gladiator Lord Of The Rings:The Two Towers The Dark Knight

Nov 29th 2009, 18:07

1) Gladiator 2) The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy 3) The Dark Knight 4) Anchorman 5) WallE 6) Kill Bill Vol 1 7) Memento 8) Donnie Darko 9) Shaun Of The Dead 10) City Of God Honorable mention Zodiac.

• joehissey

Nov 29th 2009, 18:17

1) The Dark Knight 2) No country for old men 3) Kill Bill Vol 1

• BlueRyan

Nov 29th 2009, 19:09

There will be blood The dark knight The departed No country for old men Donnie Darko

• mallardb

Nov 30th 2009, 12:47

1. The Lord of the Rings 2. Memento 3. The Pianist 4. Le scaphandre et le papillon (The Divingbell and the Butterfly) 5. Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others) 6. A Beautiful Mind 7. Batman Begins 8. Cidade de Deus 9. The Prestige 10. Brick

• RazorbalNL

Nov 30th 2009, 16:07

DAMN.this is a h*****ne,but i made an decision: 1.The Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King 2.El Laberinto del Fauno(Pan´s Labyrinth) 3.No Country for Old Men And here are the best genre-films of the Decade: Best Action movie:Sin City Best Animation movie:Up Best Comedy movie:Shaun of the Dead Best Crime movie:Cicade de Deus(City of God) Best Drama movie:The Pianist Best Fantasy movie(s):The Lord of the Rings-Trilogy Best Horror movie:Let the right one in Best Sci-Fi movie:District 9 Best Thriller movie:Memento Best War movie:Der Untergang Best Western movie:No Country for Old Men THE END.

• RazorbalNL

Nov 30th 2009, 16:17

OH,sorry for this MISTAKE but the best DRAMA movie wasn´t The Pianist but The Wrestler. SORRY.

• maff97

Nov 30th 2009, 17:47

1.Let The Right One In 2.There Will be Blood 3.No Country For Old Men 4.Kill Bill Vol.1 5.The Dark Knight 6.Into The Wild 7.Hidden (Cache) 8.Pan's Labyrinth 9.Moon 10.American Psycho

• squirebrown

Nov 30th 2009, 21:27

I've voted for my 3 (Rings, Station Agent and There will be Blood)...but bubbling under - The Prestige - Harold & Kumar 1&2 - Batman Begins - Eternal Sunshine - High Fidelity - The Incredibles - Casino Royale - The Descent - Munich ....this has been a pretty good decade....

• squirebrown

Nov 30th 2009, 21:30

...The Lives of Others - Y Tu Mama... - Team America - Star Trek - Once in a Lifetime - Bowling for Columbine - Memento ...

• squirebrown

Nov 30th 2009, 21:32

- City of God - Ghost World - Spidey 2 - Think I'll stop there but I'm sure I've left out loads

• squirebrown

Nov 30th 2009, 21:34

- Donnie Darko - Napoleon Dynamite - District 9 - The Host

• SionH

Dec 1st 2009, 22:00

TOP THREE: LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (Best of the 3) Pan's Labyrinth (shocking and beautiful) Memento (Amazing - a one off) SEVEN MORE: Spirited Away (uplifting, a joy) City Of God (very shocking) Serenity (good, fun, slick Sci-Fi.) Dark Knight (Very clever / masterpiece) Shaun Of The Dead (just the best humor) No Country for Old Men (..erm. No words for it) The Worlds Fastest Indian. (Sir A.Hopkins...) Haven't seen Moon, Avatar or District 9 yet though ...

• pesh120

Dec 3rd 2009, 17:56

Momento Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings The Pianist The last one was changed from Benjamin Button to Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? to my final pick. Picking three from hundreds of movies are hard. I'm sure I would change my mind in a day or so.

• McGuffin

Dec 3rd 2009, 20:12

Well its a tough choice but ill have to go with these three: American Beauty There Will Be Blood Mesrine Part One and Two. Guess thats counts as four films...oh well.

• volorg

Dec 4th 2009, 11:36

I went for three films that made me care about the characters, so apologies to all those superhero films I loved. My top ten are, in no particular order: The Station Agent Slumdog millionaire Children of Men Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon The Bourne Supremacy Memento Lord of the Rings: fellowship Hairspray Wall-E Gladiator

• volorg

Dec 4th 2009, 11:36

Oops forgot to say my top three in that list are Station Agent Slumdog Millionaire Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

• squirebrown

Dec 5th 2009, 8:40

Nice one volorg - having seen a lot of these types of lists, I'm beginning to think The Station Agent is the great forgotten film of the decade.

• lessegers

Dec 6th 2009, 2:36

1) Yi Yi: A One and A Two 2) Inland Empire 3) Brokeback Mountain

• GrandpaSeth

Dec 12th 2009, 16:41

1) Donnie Darko (one of my favourites of all time) 2) Lord of the rings trilogy (matt and sarah get to do it then so do I haha) 3) Dark Knight (it's a cliche but it genuinely is amazing) Other great films; Gladiator, Spiderman 2, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Sin City, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Sweeney Todd, 300. There are others but they are off the top of my head.

• perastikos

Dec 14th 2009, 14:46

For me: 1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King 2. Memento 3. Stardust Very tough decision though, I wish it would be a top 10 list. In which case I would also include: Donnie Darko, Fellowship of the Ring, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lost In Translation, Final Destination 1, My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Oldboy.

• thegreatiaino

Dec 16th 2009, 11:19

Would've liked a top ten, but I went for Let The Right One In, Pirates of the Carribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl and Wall-E.

• RastaFresh

Dec 19th 2009, 9:14

O, Brother Where Art Thou Slumdog Millionaire The Dark Knight The Pianist Donnie Darko Oldboy Amores perros (Alejandro Gonzales Inarritu) Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei AKA The Edukators (if you haven't seen this German movie-DO IT, you won't regret) .......and many others, can't remember now

• RastaFresh

Dec 19th 2009, 9:29

oh, yeah, and such movies as: Pan's Labyrinth Confessions of a Dangerous Mind Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Let The Right One In....

• BabyDiego

Jan 10th 2010, 23:26

Dark Knight Man On Fire Children Of Men No Country For Old Men Napoleon Dynamite The Life Aquatic Shaun Of The Dead Wind That Shakes The Barley Ong Bak Old Boy