What's the greatest Christmas movie ever?

Christmas movies are ace. What's your favourite?

We here at totalfilm.com are suckers for Muppet Christmas Carol and Scrooged.

But you probably don't want to know that one of us fervently believes that Michael Caine should've won an Oscar for Carol, or that someone else is moved to tears every time Bill Murray insincerely sings 'Put A Little Love In Your Heart' in Scrooged.

But we definitely want to know what your favourite Christmas movies are.

What Xmas flicks do you watch every year? Maybe you hate Christmas movies, and watch action epics during the holiday...

Either way, tell us below what you'll be watching next week. Merry Christmas!

Comments

• Mr Wilson

Dec 19th 2008, 12:52

My votes go to Die Hard and Home Alone - two great films that happen at christmas, so they surely class as xmas films. (Imagine a cross between the two - Bruce Willis taking on Joe Pesci while MaCauley Culkin battles Alan Rickman......i'd pay to see that movie)

• sashurst

Dec 19th 2008, 15:15

They definitely count. And we'd pay to see that too, and all eight sequels...

• coulterscandy

Dec 20th 2008, 17:24

Part of me wants to vote for Santa Claus: The Movie because it's the one seasonal film I've watched every year since I was 5 and Christmas wouldn't be the same without it, but much as I love it it's a truly terrible film so instead I vote for Muppet Christmas Carol and Gremlins (I'm a sucker for puppets).

• ojs99

Dec 21st 2008, 14:10

Call me old fashioned (although I'm 18), but It's A Wonderful Life beats all of them

• Louise

Dec 21st 2008, 16:47

Its got to be White Christmas every time, who doesn't shed a tear when the snow finally starts to fall? Although i have watched the muppets christmas carol 3 times already this month!

• Al Dente

Dec 21st 2008, 17:57

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" hands down, it's the only film I have to watch each year

• stuxmusic

Dec 27th 2008, 17:38

Scrooged + Hot Chocolate + A tear or two = My Christmas Eve Ritual.

• stuxmusic

Dec 27th 2008, 17:39

Scrooged + Hot Chocolate + A tear or two = My Christmas Eve Ritual.

• stuxmusic

Dec 27th 2008, 17:40

Scrooged + Hot Chocolate + A tear or two = My Christmas Eve Ritual.

• stuxmusic

Dec 27th 2008, 17:40

Scrooged + Hot Chocolate + A tear or two = My Christmas Eve Ritual.

• stuxmusic

Dec 27th 2008, 17:40

Scrooged + Hot Chocolate + A tear or two = My Christmas Eve Ritual.