Worst To Best: Horror Movie Remakes

Better than the original or just sacrilege?

Comments

• Bandit1

Nov 28th 2013, 11:24

Well, that was a really fun list! Not sure "Cape Fear" belongs to a Horror list though. "NOTLD '90" on #9 is a pretty brave choice....but I agree on that....it's a pretty good remake. "Body s****hers '78" surely belongs in the Top 5 for me. On the other side I never had much love for "The Crazies" or "Dark Water" remake....both didn't thrill me at all. "The Hitcher" i liked quite much (I'm pretty much alone on this one). I thought Bean was a good as the bad guy. It's not the original....but that one wasn't perfect either.

• RKman

Nov 28th 2013, 11:53

What about that new movie Carrie. It's a remake right? It should be put at least at number 20 something

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Nov 28th 2013, 13:37

Good list. However, I have to disagree with placing the Halloween remake anywhere near the 'good remake' end. Rob Zombies remake was truly awful. Your wrong about giving Michael Myers a back story, that was the reason there was no tension. The original is great because he is a mystery, not despite.

• apo1978

Nov 28th 2013, 13:51

The more I hear how bad the Wicker Wemake is, I wanna see it!

• Greenbergers

Nov 28th 2013, 17:01

The Halloween remake is one of the worst films ever made. The idea that Rob Zombie was doing something good by giving Micael a backstory is s absurd. Zombie turned Michael into nothing more than a run of the mill serial killer. He applied real life scenarios into what made Michael the way he was, but something great and horrifying about Michael in the original is that he had a normal childhood; good family, a nice home, he lied in a peaceful neighborhood. All those things made it more believable that he was truly death on two legs because there were no factors that played into what made him evil, he just WAS evil.

• RKman

Nov 29th 2013, 10:15

I really hate this ad on comments

• Toursiveu

Nov 29th 2013, 12:51

Abel Ferrara's Body s****hers (1993) is actually an excellent remake of Invasion of the Body s****hers, much better than The Invasion... The House of Wax remake is actually pretty good. It does have Paris Hilton, yes, but she dies quickly in a very gruesome way... and the photography is superb.

• Toursiveu

Nov 29th 2013, 12:53

Wow... Censoring the word "s****hers" is taking things way too seriously!

• lillies84797364

Dec 1st 2013, 17:44

my best friends aunt got a new green Acura NSX Coupe by work part-time using a laptop. pop over to this website c­l­o­u­ⅅ­4­0­.­c­o­m

• lillies84797364

Dec 1st 2013, 17:46

my mother in-law recently purchased a six-month old Ford Fiesta by working from the internet... Read More Here a­ℙ­ℙ­2­0­0­­.­c­o­m

• Moviemonsta95

Dec 4th 2013, 16:36

Am I the only one that thinks The Grudge remake is a bad movie?