Worst To Best: Superhero Movie Costumes

The good, the bad and the ugly...

Latest News

Comments

• Bandit1

Jun 12th 2013, 6:39

....well, I've seen #1 coming....but I prefer Keaton's Batman over Bale's, always did. And then Marlin Åkerman....well, there's Shark-Boy...and then there's Marlin-Woman. Should be Malin, shouldn't it? By the time others read this, I guess it'll be fixed.

• CSbennett

Jun 12th 2013, 8:40

What? The Amazing Spiderman costume is #3. That is the worst superhero costume ever, it looks like a kids birthday entertainer or a plastic toy covered in food coloring. And X-Men First Class? They looked like they were going scuba diving when they put their costumes on, cannot be in the top 20.

• FBJBrown22

Jun 12th 2013, 11:44

Not keen on the X men (i would love to see Wolverine in his comic gear). Superman returns is awful, the Green Goblin should have been up there with Steel, i would have first avengers suit over Caps avenger suit any day. What about Night Owl from watchmen he looks pretty good. Overall though a very good list, my top 2 would prob be Spawn (which was amazing for the time especially the cgi cape) closely followed by Dredd

Jun 12th 2013, 12:36

How does Matt Murdock know he's wearing red?

• nkutzler

Jun 12th 2013, 12:55

@Endofdays did you not realize Reeves's Superman is number 2? anyway, you have to consider that people prefer different aesthetics over time.

• liamscott

Jun 12th 2013, 12:56

I agree with most of the good costumes but disagree with a few of the bad. 1. Fantastic 4 (2005) - Sorry but I never get tired of looking at Jessica Alba in a spandex suit, knee high boots and long black gloves. 2. Ghost Rider - Again I've seen much worse CGI I think that this is being overly critical 3. Daredevil - A wee bit of a chemistry/biology lesson........... leather does not shrink!!

• SiMan

Jun 12th 2013, 12:56

Only problem i had with all versions of the bat cosutmes across the films is that it never looked like he had much freedem to move - even in Bale's costume, seeing as how he is supposed to be a ninja and all. They even acknowledged the fact that in Begins he can't turn his head.

• jeffamania

Jun 12th 2013, 13:03

Good list although - I prefer the Cap America (1940s) costume to the Cap America (Avengers) costume. The avenger's outfit does Capt a huge injustice. Also prefer the Mcguire Spiderman outfit to the one worn by Garfield Spiderman outfit. Also the original Xmen outfits are soooo soooo much much better than the ones worn in first class!

Jun 12th 2013, 15:03

Wrong! You are all wrong! Prince Vultan wins hands (and wings) down. Diiiiiiiiiiiive!

• paulrodgers

Jun 12th 2013, 15:14

#12 - the picture is from Batman Returns...not Batman 89

• FBLHealy85

Jun 12th 2013, 15:35

I thought the Fantastic Four costumes were pretty awesome. The Incredibles deserved a shout out, not?

• CaptainCrazy

Jun 12th 2013, 16:00

I feel sad for knowing this but Captain America (1979) was Reb Brown not Red Brown. Plus, am I the only one who thinks The Thing in the Roger Corman version looks kinda cool?

• richardpadilla

Jun 12th 2013, 16:24

Superman Returns... His pants are more AnF than Marvel, Superman is in DC.

• Clash

Jun 12th 2013, 19:14

Why am I not surprised about #1? Keep sucking that Nolan-dong guys.

• Andy85

Jun 12th 2013, 19:40

I always though The Flash from the 90's TV series looked pretty bad a*s. And give credit where credit is due, it took much less time for me scroll through this feature... Thank you TF.

• MichaelaVogt10

Jun 12th 2013, 22:33

Peyton. if you think Curtis`s bl0g is super, on tuesday I bought a gorgeous McLaren F1 when I got my cheque for $5839 this - 5 weeks past and-over, 10/k this past month. this is certainly the nicest-work I've ever done. I began this nine months/ago and practically straight away startad making minimum $79, per-hour. I follow the instructions here, Bow6.com

• MichaelaVogt10

Jun 12th 2013, 22:47

Lila. I just agree... Edwin`s st0ry is unbelievable... on saturday I bought a new Alfa Romeo from having earned $5609 this - 5 weeks past and-in excess of, ten-k lass-month. without a doubt its the most comfortable job Ive ever had. I actually started 9-months ago and pretty much immediately was bringing in minimum $74, per/hr. I work through this website, BOW6.COM

• jws1272

Jun 12th 2013, 23:27

One of the main reasons, besides the great recreation of Mike Mignola's artwork by Cinovation (makeup effects company), is Ron Perlman himself. He was both Hellboy creator Mignola's and director Guillermo Del Toro's first choice to play the wisecracking demon paranormal investigator, and he pulls it off beautifully. In an interesting story, Perlman donned the makeup again to grant the "Make-A-Wish" of a young leukemia patient named Zachary. The makeup company (Spectral Motion) even did Zachary up in a Hellboy headpiece.

• CharlesBrown

Jun 18th 2013, 4:23

What the f**k? Andre Garfield's Spiderman costume is complete and total c**p, he looks ridiculous, skinny, plastic and fake. I thought Tobbey McGuire's one is way better. Also, The Fantastic Four were pretty good to me, and all of them look the part (not to say quite hot too).

• hamblender

Jun 19th 2013, 0:28

Reeves' costume number 2!!! Are you f*****g kidding!!??

• TinEar85

Jun 24th 2013, 5:29

I'll admit to being the biggest dork in the room... the bat-suit pictured for the 1989 Batman is actually from the second Batman. They are two separate costumes (notice the abs).

• lukeelliot

Sep 12th 2013, 16:00

God can you lot stop slobbering over The Dark Knight trilogy? I mean, its, but it's boring seeing a list with it at the top all the time. Iron Man, Cap America (40's), Spiderman (any of them) and any superman costume are better (and maybe keatons, but thats up for debate.