British Social Realism
Hello people of the public sphere. I am in my last year of University (dissertation time ). I'm studying Film and Television productions. If you could take time to answer these following questions i would be very grateful. Thank you.
The questions are on the subject of social realism films in the contemporary era. i.e Nil by Mouth, This Is England, Tyrannosaur and My Name Is Joe .
1. Who decides the genre of a Social realism film?
2. Do Social realism films actually mirror society?
3. Why does it not have as big of an audience as Hollywood?
4. Is Social realism successful on the basis of empathy?
5. Will Social realism become extinct and obsolete?
6. Is Social realism dated?
Thank you very much. Look forward to hearing your views!!