2 new TV spots for The Dark Knight Rises: watch now

Plus some new images as well

The Dark Knight Riseshas released a glut of new promotional material this morning, including seven new images and a pair of brand new TV spots.

Naturally, it's the latter that's got us most excited, containing as they do a few new snippets of footage alongside the usual pyrotechnics we've come to expect from Bane and his reign on terror.

Despite all the doom-laden talk of ending legends, there's a particular focus on the film's sense of humour in these latest clips, with Alfred, Lucius Fox and Catwoman all having a chuckle at the Bat's expense. Gotham may be ashes, but at least there's still time for a laugh.

Take a look at the new spots below…

Exciting stuff, no? In the meantime, there is also a new set of official stills available online, featuring a closer look at Joseph Gordon-Levitt's cop, along with a few more images of Bane, Batman and Catwoman.

The Dark Knight Rises opens in the UK on 20 July 2012. Put those holiday plans firmly on hold...

What do you think of the new footage? Tell us, below...

Comments

• CaptainCrazy

May 24th 2012, 8:16

Eeeep! Just let out a little nerd-wee. (and waiting for comments on Bane's voice...)

• MYLEFTSOCK

May 24th 2012, 8:30

WTF is going on with Bane's voice, he sounds as camp as Christmas!!!!

• Rambo

May 24th 2012, 8:41

I did like Bane's voice when it had more gravel to it, seemed more violent, ah well can't argue with Nolan !

• FBRHayes

May 24th 2012, 8:42

Love the new teasers! And Bane's voice sounds just fine.

• EddieFelson

May 24th 2012, 8:43

F*ck me! How did Nolan pitch Catwoman to Anne Hathaway? Right you get to play an iconic part in arguably the best comic book adaption franchise of all time. You get to dress up in a Cat suit and kick the c**p out of dudes four times the size of you! You get a go on the Bat-Pod and AND you get to take out the new Lamborghini Aventador that belongs to me I mean Bruce Wayne!!! Does that mean Selina Kyle knows Batman’s true identity as well? Looks like a lot of people find out who he really is? @CaptainCrazy I didn’t have a problem with Banes voice anyway but I'm glad I'm not going to have to try to listen to what he’s saying rather than just listening to what he’s saying. I think he still sounds awesome and those who don’t prepare to eat your words after the film is finished!

• FBBMcelveen

May 24th 2012, 9:31

That's a whole lot of 'yep' right there.

• JamieTSB

May 24th 2012, 9:51

Looks good to me. Nolan has always 'tweaked' the Batman into a great real world setting, with just enough of the conic book to suit a geeky kid like me. I am truly excited.

• SiMan

May 24th 2012, 13:12

I take it we're not going to get a Gotham Knights style, anime accompanyment as we got for the Dark Knight. I thought that was really good, but haven't heard anything about a followup

May 24th 2012, 17:27

YESSSS !!!

• EddieFelson

May 25th 2012, 9:14

Gotham Knight is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good they have to do more, petition anyone?

• EddieFelson

May 26th 2012, 9:08

Also Bane looks like he's lost his puppy in his last photo!