A Good Day To Die Hard gets a teaser trailer: watch now

Die Hard 5 ramps up the action

A Good Day To Die Hard (shudder) released an official image yesterday, and has wasted no time following up with a teaser trailer, which you can watch below.

Yahoo! Movies got their hands on the video, which cans the idea of emphasising plot or character in favour of all-out action. Bullets rain, cars explode and windows shatter to a glorious classical music crescendo.

Less than 30 seconds into the trailer, Bruce Willis’ John McClane looks to turn around another very bad day with the help of a shotgun.

We were a little surprised by the lack of John McClane Jr. (Jai Courtney) in the teaser, considering the father-son antics looked to be one of the fivequel’s key selling points.

But when you’ve got Brucie’s signature character laying waste to practically an entire nation, only the most churlish of action fans will be complaining.

Get watching the trailer for A Good Day To Die Hard (or Die Hard 5, as you’ll know doubt be calling it) now:

A Good Day To Die Hard, directed by John Moore and co-starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, opens in the UK on 14 February 2012.

Impressed with your first proper look at Die Hard 5? Tell us!

Comments

• thedanieljson

Oct 4th 2012, 16:57

A bloody well made trailer amongst all the generic c**p action movie trailers that have come out recently. Looks like this could be a bit more bloody than the last film too. Colour me excited!

• FBSDeMorgan

Oct 4th 2012, 17:13

I do like me a bit of ol' Baldy. I enjoyed the last Die Hard (which surprised me as I'm not a fan of Wiseman's other flicks) and I'm looking forward to this. Pretty decent teaser to boot!

• jaykays hat

Oct 4th 2012, 17:33

This teaser has got my mouth watering for another installment of Officer John McClane.

Oct 4th 2012, 17:34

I'm always up for a Die Hard movie, even though it looks indistinguishable from any other Statham fare. (Yes I know he's not Statham).

Oct 4th 2012, 17:36

shouldn't have said 'other'

• Desperation

Oct 4th 2012, 17:58

Video no longer available. Boo. Looking forward to this film though, Also like the title, and i hope we get to keep it. I was disappointed that we had to make do with Die Hard 4.0 instead of Live Free or Die Hard.

• marc96

Oct 4th 2012, 19:21

im biased and i'll admit it .... i love all the die hard movies and very excited to see this, just hope theres no jumping on top of jet planes

• Toursiveu

Oct 4th 2012, 19:23

Yippee ki yay, mother****s

• tomburlington

Oct 4th 2012, 19:43

A Good Day To Die Hard, opens in the UK on 14 February 2012. I think you mean 2013.

• CaptainCrazy

Oct 5th 2012, 8:04

Great trailer - looking forward to this. (weather is awful so too tired for wit.)

Oct 5th 2012, 9:30

Ok I admit that looked fun.

• SiMan

Oct 5th 2012, 13:02

Meh...looks a good actioner but, excellent classical music aside, it just didn't feel very Die Hard. With the title as well, does anyone actually call films like this by these titles when booking your cinema ticket, or buying the DVD? I'd tend to just say "Can i have a ticket for Die Hard", wheras as i'd be more inclined to include any numeric value for a film....."Can i have a tocket for Die Hard 5". What's the longest title anyone's said in full while booking a ticket?