A-Team trailer explodes online

Makes suitably dramatic entrance...

Yes, fool’s, it’s true! The first teaser for the film-sized A-Team has hit the interweb.

And it’s a corker. Boasting just the right amount of explosive action, cheesy one-liners and butch, macho banter, this all but eradicates the disturbing memory of the hideous Starsky and Hutch adap.

Not only does it show off all of the lead cast (including a maverick  Liam Neeson – we knew he had it in him! – and a noticeably be-muscled Bradley Cooper), this trailer for the new souped-up, pumped-up A-Team also kicks all kinds of action bottom.

Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go watch it here, now!

Did this plan come together? Give Mr T (and us) some attention in the comments box down there...

Comments

• minorityreport

Jan 11th 2010, 10:35

Hmm, interesting. It's got my attention. Pity the trailer man ruins the original monologue, though.

• chrisb1983

Jan 11th 2010, 12:54

I wonder how they get Mr T. onto the plane this time

• Sheamy83

Jan 11th 2010, 14:15

As a fan of the show, I am pleased to say it looks promising! As for the Starsky and Hutch comment, Total film gave it 4 stars!???

• magnusbarfod

Jan 11th 2010, 18:45

"And it’s a corker. Boasting just the right amount of explosive action, cheesy one-liners and butch, macho banter, this all but eradicates the disturbing memory of the hideous Starsky and Hutch adap." This sentence should be evidence enough to disregard every thing this website has to say on this film. The trailer is, at best, stunningly mediocre. The action looks to be a weird mixture of over the top and underwhelming, the CGI (unfinished though it may be) looks ropey as hell, Rampage Jackson is about as much BA as I am ("sucks to be you, homey..." Christ on a bike!), it's edited in one of the most irritating ways I've ever seen (STOP FADING IN AND OUT!) and it sounds as though they've 'ramped up' the score, ruining one of the most iconic aspects of the show. Liam Neeson, Sharlto Copely and the van staying true to it's classic design are the only potential highlights here. Maybe it'll turn out ok. Maybe it'll be fun. Maybe (as so often) the trailer isn't indicative of the film itself. But to call this a "corker" is moronic. It's a shocker. Oh, and you knew Liam Neeson had it in him, did you? When exactly did you come to this stunning conclusion? Was it before of after Darkman, Gangs of New York, Batman Begins, Seraphim Falls and Taken? I don't think anyone was too worried about his viability as an action star, or ability as an actor, but thanks for patronising the guy. Butch macho banter. God help me...

• koolerking

Jan 12th 2010, 1:52

@magnusbarfod: Wow, you honestly love yourself as the saviour of all things film don't you!

• magnusbarfod

Jan 12th 2010, 4:23

@koolerking: Leaving aside ad hominem attacks, maybe you'd care to address some of the issues I raised about the trailer and the breathless reportage of the website? Or is it easier to just post a snarky one liner?

Jan 12th 2010, 7:05

It looked alright until the crappy CGI bit at the end.

• DanRose

Jan 12th 2010, 12:13

You're right in some respects magnusbarfod. The editing of the trailer is poor with the fading in and out, I felt I couldn't really keep up with what I was seeing...but the rest is all seconf guess. Am still looking forward to this and hope it lives up to expectation. The director after all did make the impressive Narc. Also is Josh Winning male or female? I'd be intersted to know as the writting sounds like a women trying to be an excited bloke...

• euanmcgrath

Jan 12th 2010, 15:34

They parachute a tank out of an exploding plane... Then shoot down a fighter jet from said parachuting tank... there is nothing else to say

• annunziato

Jan 12th 2010, 20:30

looks like it will be gritty which is fine by me. shame they changed the wording compared to the tv series but it's all about whether this film will be any good and it looks hopeful

• magnusbarfod

Jan 12th 2010, 21:20

"looks like it will be gritty which is fine by me" Yeah, because the source material was renowned for its verisimilitude to the life of an elite army unit. Christ, it was like The Wire n that respect wasn't it? Sarcasm aside, it's just another example of a studio seemingly missing the point of what made the program attractive to viewers in the first place, and replacing it with a script-by-committee, action heavy, mindless piece of Hollywood action fluff. Transformers, Starsky and Hutch (funny as it occasionally was), Dukes of Hazzard... these adaptations have all totally disregarded what it was that made the shows popular. Like I said, maybe this will turn out it's okay. Hell, I'll watch Liam Neeson in almost anything, so fingers crossed. But I seriously doubt it. Unfortunately euanmcgrath may have summed it up rather too well...

• Frankie88

Jan 12th 2010, 21:56

They did some crazy and unbelievable stuff in series too. Remember plane they made to rescue somebody's dad? It was held together by a duct tape. But I gotta blame the CGI, looks too artificial.

• zpider242

Jan 15th 2010, 11:33

The link in your email newsletter seems to infer that GI Joe was a good movie? Anyway, as a kid I never liked the original A-Team with it's sanitised violence and rubbish stories. This looks OK so maybe it is possible to polish a turd.

• Siban1982

Jan 15th 2010, 13:31

I think this will be Charlies Angels but with blokes. It looks pretty bad imo and the guy playing BA doesn't seem to have attempted to be anything like the character and seems more like a stereotypical black rapper. I hated GI Joe, the cartoon series and cartoon film were much better and darker and I think the same will happen here, the A-Team series, although incredibly dated will still be more enjoyable. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

• hendrixisgod777

Jan 21st 2010, 12:27

Some interesting comments have already been made but I'd like to focus on magnusbarfod's accurate and legimate take on Josh Winning's appalling write-up at the top of the page. The words 'over the top' do not do it justice and it is just another example of the hyperbolic, convoluted tripe that is fast becoming the standard for, not only Total Film, but every film magazine on the market today. It's like every film critic is trying to be Stan Lee. This is what I want: A well written, objective critique of the subject matter. If for whatever reason you can not be objective, then at least use decent grammar - not too much slang. Is that too much to ask for? Or, do I have to continue putting up with middle class kids, fresh from their English degrees, pretending to be hip or from the hood in a vain attempt to be witty or entertaining, telling us nothing and forcing us to read between the lines - God, I hope not! Incidently, I won't be watching The A-Team. Winning's write-up is just too generic and could be applied to virtually any action film being released in the near future and I've been stung by this kind of thing too many times before. The one point that me and Winning agree on however, is that it will be another GI Joe. Unfortunately for The A-Team, that turned out to be a steaming pile of c**p.