Aaron Taylor-Johnson confirmed as Quicksilver for Avengers 2

Joins fellow newcomers James Spader and Elizabeth Olsen

Avengers: Age Of Ultron may have completed its principle casting, with Aaron Taylor-Johnson reportedly confirmed to play grey-haired speed-merchant, Quicksilver.

Taylor-Johnson has long been fairly public about his possible involvement in the film, but potential scheduling conflicts had been a black cloud hanging over his involvement.

However, The Wrap is reporting that any such worries have now been dispelled, with Taylor-Johnson officially signing on to join Joss Whedon’s merry band.

Lightning quick, as his name suggests, Taylor-Johnson’s Quicksilver will be the second portrayal of the character in as many years, with Evan Peters set to bring the character to the big screen in 2014’s X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

As well as the regulars, Taylor Johnson will be starring alongside Elizabeth Olsen (playing Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver’s sister) and big bad, James Spader. Avengers: Age Of Ultron will open in the UK on 1 May 2015.

Is Taylor-Johnson a good fit for the role? Tell us, below!

Comments

• Gindalf0492

Oct 31st 2013, 9:49

So if marvel get the rights to Xmen, they will have 2 Quicksilvers? I dont see why they need him in it, they are going to be the first mutants in Avengers. I sooner see Quicksilver within a Xmen film.

Oct 31st 2013, 11:06

Great casting.

• chibik

Oct 31st 2013, 11:06

I like them keeping the MCU "mutant-free". I don't care if they use these characters in Avengers; I just hope they change their backstory so that we don't have to deal with that.

• marvelboy

Oct 31st 2013, 12:27

Re: "mutant free" anyone that has watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will know that MCU is slowly introducing regular people having superpowers and are clearly refereeing to them as superpowered so I'm more confident QS and SW will work

• chibik

Oct 31st 2013, 13:08

@marvelboy: Yeah, not sure how I feel about Agents yet, but I stil haven't heard the M-word.

• apo1978

Oct 31st 2013, 13:45

The casual cinema-goer isn't going to understand the 2 Quicksilvers issue. Its going to confuse many.

• trist808

Oct 31st 2013, 15:49

I don't think this will confuse cinema-goers at all, most understand the concept of different actors playing the same role (Magneto and Xavier have two different actors in the same film for instance) and another example is the recent Thor: The Dark World ... both Fandrall and Hogun from the first Thor have been recast, same character different guy playing him ... no big deal. Anyway, Quicksilver is rumoured to be just a cameo in X-Men: DOFP and Peters (who was in Kick-a*s with Taylor) looks very similar to him ... plus the films are a year apart, memory plays tricks on people ...only hard-core fan-boys with no life will get their knickers in a twist over this.

• marvelboy

Oct 31st 2013, 19:48

@ trist808 I take offense I'm a hard core fan boy and I'm open to the idea of two people playing the same hero in two different universes, in fact i believe most people are open to this. but i agree with you in regard to casual cinema goers they have no idea for example take what's gone off with batman do you think they will stop people watching the next filmm without getting confused, the answer is no as most people enjoy each film on its own with out complex mulit film stories

• trist808

Nov 1st 2013, 12:39

@marvelboy, I meant no offense, when it comes to the comics I'm a hard-core fan boy myself. I'm just more forgiving of changes and differences in the films compared to comics than most and I guess the whining and whinging just annoys me sometimes. If I offended you, I am sorry, I meant it in jest (twisted knickers and all rather than being nasty about it) but will refrain from making those comments in future when stating my point of view and @endofdays, my apologies to you also, you are absolutely correct, Tadanobu Asano is the same actor from the first film (I had someone else arguing with me that it wasn't him - I'll be having words with them this afternoon - and he had me convinved even though I recognise the actor from his previous work) ... egg and my face are in complete alignment today :)