Agent Sitwell will return for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Promises “twists and turns”

Maximiliano Hernandez has revealed that his character Agent Sitwell will be returning for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and has revealed some nuggets of info about the new film.

Sitwell is one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents charged with handling Steve Rogers, who works closely with Nick Fury in the comic books to monitor the underground activities of Bucky Barnes, AKA the Winter Soldier.

“So, it’s a much bigger role in a much darker Captain America story,” reveals Sitwell, strengthening the notion that the new film will draw heavily from the comic-book arc.

“Lots of twists and turns,” he continues. “And lots secrets about the Marvel Cinematic Universe revealed! I can’t say much more or the Marvel cops will revoke my S.H.I.E.L.D. clearance. Trust me you will all freak out in the theatre when all is revealed.”

Directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and co-starring Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will open in the UK on 4 April 2014.

What are you hoping to see from the new film? Tell us, below!

Comments

• mattburgess

Mar 22nd 2013, 11:19

Hmm. Don't recall seeing him in any of the films, except for the short film 'Item 47' or something like that. Wouldn't it be better to use a character from the upcoming tv series? Or to put his character into the tv series?

• trist808

Mar 22nd 2013, 12:28

Sitwell is the agent who finds Loki in Germany in The Avengers and is seen a few sequences on the helicarrier.

• mattburgess

Mar 22nd 2013, 13:14

Cool, thanks. What does he do in Thor?

• trist808

Mar 22nd 2013, 13:49

He's part of Coulson's team who set up the mini-base around Thor's hammer, he has a line or two of dialogue and you see him with other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in the SUVs in the dessert etc. So he's done two of the films and I hope he makes it into the TV series. Anyone could turn up anywhere now, that's the beauty of the MMU :)

Mar 22nd 2013, 17:37

Who ?

• GarthMarenghi

Mar 22nd 2013, 23:50

Love the fact that the headline reports this as if it's big news, when 99.9% of the audience has no idea who the hell he is. Can't say I recognised him, and I only re-watched The Avengers about a month ago...