Andrew Garfield and Marc Webb officially confirmed for Amazing Spider-Man sequel

Emma Stone also in talks to return

The Amazing Spider-Man sequel has re-signed two of its three central figures, with Marc Webb and Andrew Garfield confirmed to return, and Emma Stone is also in talks to reprise her role as Gwen Stacy.

All three had long been expected to sign on for at least one sequel, but that has only now been officially confirmed, with further casting announcements to be revealed in due course.

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are currently working with Jeff Pinkman to polish up a new version of a script originally penned by James Vanderbilt, with production set to kick off in early 2013.

"We could not be more confident in the direction we are taking this new Spider-Man storyline,” said Columbia Pictures President, Doug Belgrad. “We are tremendously excited to be ramping up production again with Marc at the helm and Andrew continuing on as Peter Parker. We can’t wait to share what we have in store for Peter and Spider-Man with audiences worldwide.”

Details as to which Spidey story will be told next remain firmly under wraps, although we do know the next instalment will arrive in UK cinemas on 18 April 2014.

What do you want to see in the forthcoming sequel? Tell us, below!

Comments

Oct 1st 2012, 10:47

Now that the pesky origin is out of the way lets see what Webb can really do with the franchise.

• anant

Oct 1st 2012, 11:11

i didn't like it much, sam's 1 and 2 were definitely superior. it didn't contain the "with great power, comes great responsibility" campy goodness to it!

Oct 1st 2012, 11:30

lol yeah as if I am going to check that link out ha.

• Indianabones

Oct 1st 2012, 12:16

Loved it. A lot better than Raimi's versions! just hope he doesn't continue down the Ultimate road and keeps a good mix! glad to hear there will be a sequel! here's to many more

• apo1978

Oct 1st 2012, 12:46

A sequel to a pointless remake. No thanks. Bring on Total Recall 2! (where's my sarcasm font....)

• CaptainCrazy

Oct 1st 2012, 14:23

The Amazing Spiderman underwhelmed me to the point that I never actually went to watch it. Would anyone here recommend it?

• Kellend11

Oct 1st 2012, 15:21

@CaptainCrazy Not really. I'd only watch it again if it was on one of the Sky Movie channels...and I had nothing else to watch/do...

• Indianabones

Oct 1st 2012, 20:15

I'd recommend it, the Villian is a bit of a let down, but Spidy is done well! I really enjoyed it, and will be watching its many times....but I'm a huge Spidy fan