Another Flight Of The Navigator

Disney’s raiding the archives again…

The development bods at the Mouse House have been digging through the kid pic files again – and have seized on Flight Of The Navigator for its latest remake.

The 1986 film saw Joey Cramer as David Freeman, a 12-year-old kid snatched by an alien spaceship in 1978, only to crop up eight years later with zero memory of his time aboard.

Naughty NASA types try to use his link with the ship to get access, but he escapes with the vessel and, helped by its alien pilot Max (voiced by Pee Wee Herman), tries to locate his family.

While the movie was a minor success in cinemas, it became a staple on video (you know kids, those tape things) and evolved into a cult classic.

Now it’s getting a run through the remake chop shop with Wild Hogs co-writer Brad Copeland on scripting duties.

We’re reserving judgement until we see the finished product, but our childhood memories are not pleased. And they have sticks.

Big, heavy sticks.

[Source: THR]

Do you think we need a new Navigator? Or should Disney leave it alone?

Comments

• punchdrunklove

May 26th 2009, 9:56

ARGHHHHH!!!!! make something new and original!!! LEAVE THIS STUFF ALONE!!! Last month you were on about them remaking the neverending story!! WHY??? i can make new stuff up for them!!! A spaceship comes down n makes people dance starring brendan fraser or dwayne johnson!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

• Prophet1138

May 26th 2009, 19:06

I totally agree! (I found this page through links from Clash Of The Titans I might add!) Give it 10 years and they'll be remaking Jurassic Park. Or maybe doing a prequel......

• bartos42

May 26th 2009, 23:49

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I loved this movie growing up! Why must Hollywood do this?! Am I going to have to move from the US to see an original movie?

• Serrano

May 28th 2009, 15:48

Hollywood is so lazy nowadays

• FatPuffin

May 29th 2009, 10:47

It's a definite "Noooooooooooo!" in my books - I loved this film. I've never seen the point of remakes :(

• hippyd

Jun 1st 2009, 13:43

no way no way it is a film loved in the 80s and should stay in the 80s aswell as are hearts as a great film im now 28 and my 2 kids love it so please leave well alone and bring new ideas for a new generation.