Another Looper trailer arrives: watch now

"So you're me in 30 years?"

Looperhas released another full-length trailer, debuting plenty of new footage as Joseph Gordon-Levitt toys with the idea of murdering his future self.

JGL plays a looper, an assassin charged with taking out targets sent back in time by organised criminals of the future. However, he finds himself hesitating over the trigger when he recognises his latest hit as an aged-up version of himself, as played by Bruce Willis.

The latest trailer shows a little more of the relationship between Gordon-Levitt and Willis, with the latter using his intimate knowledge of the former to put one over on him at every turn.

Take a look at the new trailer, below…

The unique dynamic between the two leads is really intriguing, while the action looks as meaty as we could have hoped for. With Prometheus having disappointed many audiences, perhaps Looper can be the superlative sci-fi movie of 2012?

Directed by Rian Johnson and featuring Emily Blunt, Jeff Bridges and Garret Dillahunt, Looper opens in the UK on 28 September 2012.

What do you think of the new trailer? Tell us, below!

Comments

• magicwings

Jun 29th 2012, 8:55

I'm 80-90% sure that I saw Jeff Daniels there instead of Jeff Bridges (check the article!). Bit of a shame that, really.

Jun 29th 2012, 9:32

Has a nice Phillip.K feel about it. Pity we have to wait until September for a decent Sci-Fi (still not sold on Dredd).

• lukeworm100

Jun 29th 2012, 11:45

This looks very appealing and I am intrested in watching it in the cinema although it looks a bit predictable but It has a lot of capabilities to suprise. What I don't understand from the trailers is how did the future establish contact and set up an agreement with the present? Maybe it will be explained but so far I am concerned about that aspect; but it would be a good enigma to keep quiet. Did Prometheus divide audiences as much as they said? I loved it, it wasn't to the standard of Alien or Aliens but way better than the other Alien related films.

• SiMan

Jun 29th 2012, 12:28

I've said it before and i'll say it again - are you sure that's Joseph-Gordon Levitt? He looks and sounds so different in this trailer.

• EddieFelson

Jun 29th 2012, 13:31

Yep that’s him; I think this film looks great I’m sure the plot will become apparent after watching the film. Not sure what people expected from Prometheus? I loved it best film so far this year.

• gquinn81

Jun 29th 2012, 14:18

@Hadouken76; Yeah, not sold on Dredd either, looks a bit naff to me. This looks great though. I thought Brick was fantastic so hopefully this will be equally good despite being a completely different genre. Prometheus was good but this has the potential to be even better me thinks....