Are The Matrix 4 and 5 3D on the horizon?

Keanu Reeves seems to think so

matrix

Keanu Reeves is reportedly keen on returning to one of his most profitable movie franchises by starring in TheMatrix 4 and 5.

The actor recently appeared at a key notes speech at the London School Of Performing Arts, and one lucky attendee dropped by Ain’t It Cool News, reporting on what Reeves said about possible further Matrixes.

According to informant ‘El Nino’, Reeves met with the Wachowskis over Christmas, and they talked to him about a two-film treatment they’d just completed “that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo”.

Not only that, but the Wachowskis have also apparently met with James Cameron about creating the movies in 3D.

File this firmly under ‘rumour mill musings’ for now, as AICN’s source has yet to be verified by, well, anybody, and his claims are all rather fantastical.

But it’s definitely got us thinking about what any further Matrix adventures might involve, especially as Reeves' character was all but doomed at the end of final film Revolutions

Would a fourth and fifth Matrix just be pointless? Or is there scope for more story? Log on with your thoughts below...

Comments

• JamieTSB

Jan 24th 2011, 12:00

Oh dear. The Matrix was superb, great pace, and imaginative visuals, but after being aped, imitated and b*****dised by a thousand lesser movies (including its own sequels) the sheen was somewhat tarnished. The whole team would have to go a long way to make amends. That said, I'd still go and watch them! What a bloody hypocrite I am.

• stephensocks

Jan 24th 2011, 12:23

Well... They already brought him back to life in the original, there can't be any real harm in doing it again. Who am I kidding? It would be terrible. The only thing we could hope for is that it would just be an effects movie like Reloaded and Revolutions. But at least Revolutions was fun (enough) to watch.

Jan 24th 2011, 18:41

Reloaded isn't that bad, if it wasn't for the tedious Architect speech it would be an alright action movie.

• MikeyRix

Jan 24th 2011, 21:30

Hey, Hollywood. THREE'S ENOUGH!!!

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 25th 2011, 0:11

Apparently Keanu Reeves wasn't even in London and this rumour is entirely fictional.

• TheEnigma

Jan 25th 2011, 2:34

When u create a world as interesting as the Matrix, it is quite narrow to think only one interesting story can be squeezed out of it... If I were the Wachowski's, and I created it, I'd do what I g*****n please. Dalidab, u forgot to include "in my opinion"... Reloaded was a good movie (imo)..

• sheroo19

Jan 25th 2011, 14:19

if they were to do it, they should concentrate on someone else and do it from someones elses point of view... I don't think anymore can be done with Neo, now that Trinity's dead :S

• craigy111

Jan 29th 2011, 0:26

I think that they should just let it end where they did, to be honest I thought the first movie was the best out of the trilogy, I just found the second and third quite bland and over the top with the action.