Schwarzenegger films just four days on Expendables 2

Chuck Norris also arrives in Sofia

Cameras are already rolling on The Expendables 2 but if you were expecting Arnold Schwarzenegger to have a larger role in the sequel you're going to be disappointed.

The Governator looks set to play only a brief part once more, albeit longer than his role in the first film.

That scene - lasting just one minute and 47 seconds from entrance to exit - saw his character Trent Mauser handle some verbal sparring with Mr Church (Bruce Willis) and Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone).

It was filmed overnight as Arnie had a proper day job back then running California.

At least that means Schwarzenegger should get a little more of the action this time, spending a whole four days on set for The Expendables 2. Give the guy a break, he’s just about to start shooting Last Stand.

Besides, Chuck Norris has arrived in Sofia so there'll be no shortage of aged hardman filling up the screen.

Simon West's The Expendables 2 opens in cinemas August 2012.

Want Arnie to have a bigger role in this sequel? Or willing to wait for him to play a more major role in a third film? Tell us below!

Comments

• ChrisWootton

Oct 11th 2011, 11:32

He looked soooo old in the first one and had completely forgotten how to ac... I mean speak words that other people had written for him

• trist808

Oct 11th 2011, 12:03

How can someone forget about something they never knew in the first place? :-/

• QuietLife

Oct 11th 2011, 13:16

Hey I can't let you knock Arnie! Who needs to act when you can shout? ("Damn it Cohagen, you got what you wanted. Gif' dis peeple ee-aaa!")

• trist808

Oct 11th 2011, 13:32

Hahaha, lol. I'm not knocking Arnie, I grew up watching his films, I'm a huge fan but c'mon, you have to say his acting not his best atribute. Yes shouting, shooting and hitting people, that's Arnie!! As long as he does all three of those in Expendables 2, everyone will be happy :)

• ChrisWootton

Oct 11th 2011, 13:45

I watched (well started to watch) Raw Deal a few weeks ago... I'm an Arnie fan as much as the next person but come one! He is awful in that.. beyond awful in fact. I hadn't realised that it was a comedy

• trist808

Oct 11th 2011, 14:04

Raw Deal is brilliant .... "Don't drink and bake" lol :)

Oct 11th 2011, 18:09

Commando is the cheesiest of Arnies back catalogue, "this green beret is gonna kick your assss" "I eat Green Berets for Breakfast" LOL classic.. Bennett would be a welcome cameo too.. as long as they actually put a story in there and not fill it with just token guest stars...

• QuietLife

Oct 12th 2011, 9:52

I love the movie but the opening montage in Commando makes me a little queasy. Love James Horner's score but it's totally misplaced, it's almost like a poor Jaws out-take when they're mucking about in the pool! Any film that has Jerry Horne from Twin Peaks in it gains kudos with me however...