Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber pairing up on buddy flick?

Dynamic duo uniting for What Would Kenny Do?

Justin Bieber is reportedly close to signing a deal for Ashton Kutcher's buddy flick, What Would Kenny Do?

We really can't tell what's more deafening right now - the ungodly wail of every prepubescent teenage girl worldwide, or the monotonous groan of everyone else.

The mop-topped pop sensation is allegedly in talks to play a 17-year-old high school student who meets a hologram of his future self (Kutcher). The pair then go on to overcome various teenage dilemmas together.

This isn't Bieber's first endeavour into the acting world, either. He previously appeared in two CSI episodes, the second of which saw the Youtube star gunned down - much to viewers' surprise.

The script, originally penned by Chris Baldi (whose efforts made the 2008's black list of best unproduced Hollywood scripts) has been edited by (500) Days of Summer writers Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber.

Perhaps the poor reception of Kutcher's recent efforts has compelled him to bring the musical moppet onboard, but with Bieber's touring schedule, it's unlikely we'll see much movement on this for a while.

Reckon this could work? Are you a Belieber? Leave your thoughts below.

Comments

Mar 31st 2011, 19:25

To misquote Bonfire of the Vanities: Bieber is lunch, next year people wont remember what they ate.

Mar 31st 2011, 20:02

@Dalidab1982 ...Every famous singer has the potential to be outgrow thier superstar status, but so far namesakes Justin Timberlake is the only recent one who seems to have been accepted as great singer and a good actor like in Alpha dog, Black snake moan and more prominantly The Social Network, (Yogi Bear was a blip). It would be unwise for Beiber to try something else while he's still 'hot property' (as Britney Spears proved with Crossroads).

• writerdave87

Mar 31st 2011, 23:19

Dalidab sorry but this is exactly the kind of 'actoring' we can expect from Bieber. Two episodes of CSI (a show notorious for some particualrly dodgy acting) does not a) a good actor make nor b) potential show. For the sake of our sanity please stop flogging the Bieber/Samson wet dream horse. A detective with a liverpudlian accent? A bad boy biker? He could barely convince as a floppy haired teenage boy in CSI, let alone pull off an accent or leather (though I think I see where you were going with the second...). The quicker Bieber comes out of the closet, develops a drug or drink problem and then forever fades into obscurity the better for us.

• writerdave87

Mar 31st 2011, 23:19

And weirdly quite a few of the reviews I read of Yogi Bear said that Timberlake was actually the best thing about it...

Apr 1st 2011, 0:39

Oh dear god, the apocalypse is truly upon the horizon.

• bobbybarrett

Apr 1st 2011, 7:08

please god let this be an early april fools!

• BabyDiego

Apr 1st 2011, 10:57

Gay or not Dalidab1982, you are an effing idiot and have not added anything of worth in the hundreds of purile comments you have made. Feels too much like a troll for my liking...

• Jeffbiscuits

Apr 1st 2011, 13:58

Who the hell is Justin Berber?

• writerdave87

Apr 1st 2011, 16:19

Yeah but he hasn't put on two excellent performances. They were average at best, and not exactly challenging. How is it ok for your casting choices to be sexual? if you were a straight guy, eternally harping on about two teenage girls like that it would be just as irritating (and people would have probably called you out as being creepy a while back). You being gay has nothing to do with it. Afraid I have to agree with Diego... you come off increasingly like a troll or just an idiot.

• Jeffbiscuits

Apr 1st 2011, 19:21

Ah. Bieber is the YouTube guy. Personally I thought standing cat had more talent.

• Projectionist

Apr 2nd 2011, 8:58

@dalidab1982 Justin Beiber really???? The guy has no talent acting or singing. I've had to suffer many things that annoy the hell out of me in my life but he is top 5. He's up there with Jordan. The guy is waste of space skin and air. Don't even get me started on Ashton Kutcher.

• Porkchopexpress

Apr 2nd 2011, 20:54

"I highly like to look out for male talent anyway. so you could say I am a highly confident gay man whose a male talent spotter" (Aaron Renfree, Lil Chris, Jamie Bell, Cole Sprouse, Diver Tom Daley, George Sampson etc) " What no Jonathan Lipnicki? I find your "male talent spotting" of child actors and barely functioning adolescents disturbing, also your advocacy of the surly Geordie hunch back Jamie Bell is flat out wrong!

• Porkchopexpress

Apr 2nd 2011, 22:08

SherbertDibdab1982 you're very defensive, you can't argue that Jamie Bell is a talentless hunch back of questionable genetics? Unless you're a fan of strategically shaved man children with a penchant for mumbling and let's face it, who isn't? Although it's funny how people are saying how sexy Emma Watson is in the latest Harry Potter, I've been saying that for years! Oh wait.. *BA DUM TISH*

• writerdave87

Apr 2nd 2011, 22:56

Dalidab seriously, I just realised you called me homophobic and laughed for about five minutes. I couldn't be any less homophobic if I tried. Unlike you however I prefer not to make my sexuality to toe-curlingly embarrassingly obvious by slobbering all over young teenage actors under the guise of 'talent spotting' then try and call discrimination when someone calls me on it. Seriously. I'm not having a go at you because you're gay, I'm having a go at you because you're an effing idiot and quite creepy.

• BruceShark

Apr 2nd 2011, 23:08

You say Tomato and I say................. well Tomato actually, but I think you get the point. Personally I always class 'Prisoner Of Azkaban' as the first Harry Potter, when she turned 16, god be praised.

• writerdave87

Apr 2nd 2011, 23:22

Way to defuse an argument on a forum number 37: mention Emma Watson and watch the debate on whether it's ok to find her attractive spiral... Dalidab- don't know about yourself mate, I'm awesome ;)