Battleship teaser trailer now online

Official website now ship shape and operational

The countdown has finished and the official Battleship website is now fully online - including the film's teaser trailer.

The alien threat is shown for the first time and there's plenty of Brooklyn Dekker on show. Meanwhile, Taylor Kitsch gets most screen time, Alexander Skarsgard pops up momentarily and if you're observant enough there are two minuscule glimpses of Rihanna.

The site has also added a plot synopsis, one official image, a desktop wallpaper version of the film's poster, plus a Twitter skin and IM logo.

But best of all there are links to the Hasbro website and Hubworld.com to play different online versions of the Battleship boardgame. “You sank my battleship!” etc.

Are you looking forward to seeing more of Rihanna's acting ability in the finished film? Let us know in the comments below.

Comments

• badger86

Jul 28th 2011, 0:28

Even If i were locked in a room for 15 years with nothing but a dictionary for company i don't think i could come up with a sentence that would adequately describe how s**t that looks.

• joker16

Jul 28th 2011, 1:55

@badger86 Hahaha, brilliant comment!

• gonads86

Jul 28th 2011, 6:23

just call it battlesh*t

• ChrisWootton

Jul 28th 2011, 9:17

G5?........ s**t

• writerdave87

Jul 28th 2011, 9:17

You sank my battleship... hur hur hur.

• trist808

Jul 28th 2011, 10:51

Hmmmmmm, Battle: LOS ANGELES - The Water Ride...?

• chaosdefined

Jul 28th 2011, 11:12

It's been a while since I played the boardgame, but I don't remember there being Transformers in it?

• trist808

Jul 28th 2011, 11:28

I think the only time Transformers were ever involved in Battleship was when your kid brother threw his Optimus Prime halfway across the room and knocked all your pegs out coz he was being a cheeky little s**t .... oh, just me then?

• AbAeterno

Jul 28th 2011, 19:20

This looks positively horrendous, and could potentially be our next sure-fire movie disaster, ala Showgirls and Gigli. I'm sold.

• FBALee

Jul 28th 2011, 20:42

I viewed this at 2am this morning, and I've never laughed so hard. It may have been described as maniacal.. I knew this movie was being made, but I guess I had a little bit of faith that it wasn't going to be completely ridiculous and atrocious. Yikes.And what is with all of the, Oh, kissy kissy on the beach, "what does my daughter see in you?" stuff? Is this a battleship movie, underwater robot-alien movie, or cheesy Oxygen channel romance movie?

• ScottFree

Jul 29th 2011, 9:44

What the hell was that!? It's beyond words how ridiculous that looks.... I can't wait to NOT go to that movie....!!!

• ScottFree

Jul 29th 2011, 9:44

• Frankie88

Aug 1st 2011, 10:42

You think the trailer by itself is funny? Oh, you are in... http://www.cracked.com/blog/novelization-trailer-movie-battleship/

• wasmccabe

Aug 2nd 2011, 15:45

okay, so i guess i'm gonna be the first non naysayer here. i think this looks ridiculous. and totally AWESOME. liam neeson and alexander skarsgård anyone? (thanks to dalidab1982 for allowing me the freedom to copy and paste the correct spelling there... by the way... you think this looks s**t but you watched... transmorphers? AND transmorphers 2? wow. first time i've come into contact with the target audience of the asylum). so yes. i will be watching this and whooping with delight as liam neeson shoots the c**p out of some alien robots. hurrah!