Full character shots from The Dark Knight Rises' LA set

Plus Batman's new ride in all its glory

Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway and Gary Oldman all appeared on the The Dark Knight Rises set in downtown Los Angeles this weekend.

The exciting bit? They were in full character costume.

And while there's already been plenty of video and photos of the Batwing from the shoot, the image below is particularly sweet.

"It was as if they set it up specifically for me to shoot. A hundred PAs on set, a couple dozen security guards, off duty LAPD, and somehow they didn't think anyone would walk underneath Grand/4th and see that??" says the photo caption at the website On Set LA

“Ooohh... the security guard was pissed. It was too late. Plus last time I checked the sidewalk was OK to walk on and still public property. Am I wrong?”

Looking forward to seeing Batman take this beauty out for a ride? Or did the caped crusader have enough cool toys without getting his own private jet? Comment below and get all Top Gear on our asses!

Comments

• Heisenberg

Sep 25th 2011, 21:03

Now that is how you "tease" the batman stuff! No picture up front and no real details unless you click the link. Managed to put up this comment without seeing anything myself but wanted to say good stuff, keep that up until the summer :-P

• StevePotter

Sep 25th 2011, 21:47

Maybe he's chatting up with Bale because they became friends after making three movies together, and he's uncomfortable around Anne Hathaway because he doesn't know her as well.

• mchapman

Sep 25th 2011, 22:53

Thanks @Heisenberg. I took note of the previous comments. I'll expect a bag of the blue stuff in the post ;)

• ObiMart76

Sep 25th 2011, 23:58

Oh god, a camp cat suit. Just have to trust in Nolan to deliver like usual. I still have nightmares from the Joel Schumacher years..... :(

• StevePotter

Sep 26th 2011, 4:10

I'd have no problem if he was gay. I have a problem with people finding subtext in things where there is none.

• ChrisWootton

Sep 26th 2011, 10:06

Yep, agree with Heisenberg, good skills. As for the costume, I actually don't think it fits in Nolan's universe.. I'll always have a problem with the fact that you can clearly tell who is behind the mask making the character's outfit kind of pointless. It's like the whole "Lance Hutton wears glasses" moment in Mystery Men.

• writerdave87

Sep 26th 2011, 10:11

Dalidab for once could you leave your sexuality out of a page? Just once? They're two guys who've worked together on several films having a chat. nothing more. Then again you are the utter plank who said that all straight men are misogynistic rapists so I put nothing past you anymore...

• JohnnyMac

Sep 26th 2011, 12:02

Can you see that guy standing above Batman in the picture, wearing the blue and white checkered shirt? I've got a feeling he's a bisexual. Anybody else getting that vibe? He's standing quite near Batman, who's a boy, but he's not that far away from Catwoman- who's a girl. Maybe he just like's animals?

• ChrisWootton

Sep 26th 2011, 12:17

I think you're right JohnnyMac.. also I'd say that the guy talking to catwoman on the second pic is definitely straight.. you can tell because he is just talking to a woman.

• writerdave87

Sep 26th 2011, 12:31

He's talking to a woman! He must be a misogynistic woman hating rapist!! Where's dalidab's psychopathic (probably fictional) brother when you need someone to murder the evil sonuvab***h?

• trist808

Sep 26th 2011, 19:33

It's the Bat-Wing I feel sorry for ... nobody's talking to the Bat-Wing, he's lost all his confidence when it comes to his sexual identity ... unless he's waiting for that truck behind him to make a move and pounce on him! Reminding him of the good old days when his tailpipe was regularly bashed in by a guy called Neil and his autistic Gay younger brother ... aaaaah, the memories ...

• writerdave87

Sep 27th 2011, 0:35

http://twitter.com/#!/@reelneelheel I'm sorry... I was going to make a pithy remark... but really... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA. Dalidab congratulations, your so called psycho killer brother looks more harmless than you do, you delusional potatoheaded twonk.

• conorm

Sep 27th 2011, 10:13

Is it me, or is Anne Hathaway floating in that first photo??? If she is running, it goes to show how tight the suit is that she can only run like a penguin....

• DuffyUK

Sep 27th 2011, 10:37

Delusional Potatoheaded Twonk, now that is an insult. Writerdave87 strikes again! All in seriousness though, Dalidabs brother looks more like a sexually confused hick.

• trist808

Sep 27th 2011, 13:37

Does anyone else see ANY family resemblance? At all? Methinks DPT is making the whole thing up (what a surprise) seriously had enough of this berk now. Hathaway as Catwoman ... I like it. I'm sure in the context of the film the costume will look even better, c'mon guys, it's a snap of her in mid-walk in broad daylight on the set! It's not even a finished shot from the film, so you can't judge it as such or as the final product. She has her eyes closed and clearly isn't in character either ... trust me, I've examined this picture throughly :-) As for whether or not she fits in Nolan's Bat-verse, well to be fair we have no idea what the storyline is gonna be, so for all we know she is a perfect fit in what Nolan has in mind for his trilogy closer. I'm still uber-excited by this ... and THREE camo Tumblers (on the other recent posting) is that in case one breaks or will there be more than one used in the film at any given point? Either way, glad to see a fully functional Tumbler back after what happened to the last one in TDK.