Ben Affleck was offered Daredevil reboot

Says he would consider returning

Fox’s prospective Daredevil reboot appears to have missed the boat, with rights to the character soon to return to Marvel. However, according to original star Ben Affleck, the studio had initially contacted him to reprise his role as Matt Murdock.

“I got contacted about it,” reveals Affleck, “and I was like, ‘That wouldn’t be a reboot [if I were involved]. But I really hope they do a good job, because that’s a great property.'

“I would if there was [a script] I liked,” continued Affleck, when asked whether he would ever consider returning to the series. “I had a negative experience with the one comic book I liked [Daredevil], it was just a movie that didn't work.

“It's such a shame, because Daredevil [is] a great book, a great idea. And then right after that, [the studios] figured out that it was better to make the movies good, and then they started making them cool and investing in them.”

At present, the prospective reboot is back in limbo, although with Marvel regaining the rights in the coming weeks, let’s hope we get another Daredevil outing in the not too distant future.

Would you like to see Affleck return to the Daredevil franchise? Tell us, below!

Comments

• Jeffbiscuits

Oct 1st 2012, 8:32

This article belongs in the 50 greatest WTF movies feature. Davedevil was complete pants.

Oct 1st 2012, 8:48

How does Dardevil know his suit is red?

Oct 1st 2012, 10:46

I could see the sense in allowing Ben to perhaps direct a reboot but asking him back to reprise the role wouldn't have been wise. Can't wait to see what Marvel do with Daredevil and his characters.

• thedanieljson

Oct 1st 2012, 11:34

Yeah, get Ben to direct it! An interesting new direction, could give it the grit it needs. Or also you could do what's probably best and leave it the f**k alone.

• mastermold

Oct 1st 2012, 12:01

I'd prefer him as a director, opposed to him starring again. He was totally wrong for it before, which is part of the reason why it bombed. If Fox really did offer the part to him again, then that is cause for concern. However, I'm assuming it was before they went to Joe Carnahan, who had a killer take on it.

• FBJRider

Oct 2nd 2012, 14:41

As long as he doesn't look like a gimp in this film it should be good.