Ben Kingsley says he has finished filming second Marvel project

Potential One-Shot in the works?

Ben Kingsley more or less stole the show with his turn as The Mandarin in Iron Man 3, and excitingly, the actor has revealed that he has just finished filming on a second piece of work for Marvel.

Referring to "a secret Marvel project" featuring a number of Iron Man 3 cast members, Kingsley went on to tease, "I'm not allowed to say any more… you're going to have to wait and see."

Nothing has been confirmed as yet, but our money would be on another Marvel One-Shot, picking up with the Mandarin either before or after the events of Iron Man 3.

Most interesting would be (Spoilers ahead) a story in which we see the recruitment of Trevor Slattery for the job of The Mandarin. Perhaps we could even catch a glimpse of that famous Croydon King Lear!

Just when said One-Shot might appear remains to be seen, but we'd say the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray might not be a bad bet...

Where do you think The Mandarin will crop up next? Tell us, below!

Comments

• chibik

Oct 23rd 2013, 12:33

For me, delivering a performance that still makes me laugh every time I think about it atoned for the plot twist.

Oct 23rd 2013, 12:35

No that would just be a cop out. I'd rather Marvel just came out and apologized for that whole movie, the Mandarin wasn't the only problem with IM3.

• ilikescifi

Oct 23rd 2013, 12:52

i really wish he was the real Mandarin too. twist the twist

• SiMan

Oct 23rd 2013, 13:30

or if we thought he was the real mandarain, but it turned out he actually really wasn't.....twist the twist of the twist

• chibik

Oct 23rd 2013, 14:01

Yeah, they should totally come out and apologize for the second most successful movie in the MCU...

• trist808

Oct 23rd 2013, 15:01

I have to admit, the comic book fan in me was disappointed with the Mandarin in IM3, however, in context of the movie-verse and what the character was saying about media perception etc, I thought it was excellent and funny and well executed. Kingsley makes me laugh every time I watch the film and the reveal is superb, but I also understand why so many long-time Iron Man fans were so gutted by it (as I say, I was a little taken aback by it on first viewing) and making Killian the Mandarin was...well interesting, still not sure it works. Already looking forward to seeing this One-Shot just out of curiosity more than anything else.

• spid2411

Oct 24th 2013, 9:04

Though I have been given a telling off on this site by Marvel fans (who throw box office numbers around as if that means anything to anyone with a brain) for daring to criticize their films, I personally thought the Mandarin reveal was funny and Kingsley played it well (as you would expect - great actor). However, I am not a fan of that comic or the character so I guess if you are and the Mandarin is his greatest villain then its a bit like making a Batman film and turning the Joker into, well, a joke. Which would p**s a lot of fans off. But these films are made by committee, not by fans of the comics (Jon Favreau was a fan but he walked away from the third one as director saying he had no idea what they were doing with all this stuff).

Oct 24th 2013, 9:13

Hell yeah they should apologize for that god awful movie.